BX 2200 not starting

trailracer618

Apr 23, 2009
Missouri, USA
I used to turn the key two where I could hear what I thought was the glow plugs warming up (a soft click sound) and to run fuel pump a little bit (at least thats what I thought it was doing). My guages would also work at this point too.

Now, when I turn the key, there is nothing. No click, not fuel pump sound, no guages working. I can turn the key all the way like I'm going to actually start it and it will attempt to start, but that is about it. I am able to jump start it, but the guages still won't work.

What's my problem?

trailracer618

Apr 23, 2009
Missouri, USA
It's been about a week or so since I checked, but I remember there being more than 5 fuses, probably more like 10 or 15. They were kind of dirty, but none of them looked blown.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey trailracer618. A fuse doesn't necessarily have to look blown to be blown. If you have a test light attach it to a good ground and check for power on both sides of the fuse with the key on. Some fuses have two small contacts on top of the fuse just for that purpose.If you have power on one side and not the other then that fuse is blown. If you get power on neither side of the fuse that fuse may be good, just not used unless the tractor is running. Good Luck let us know how you make out.:cool:

trailracer618

Apr 23, 2009
Missouri, USA
Good news. I swapped out some fuses with new ones (I couldn't find my tester, but I just switched 'em out). The guages and fuel primer are now operational.

Bad news is it still won't start, but I think its just my battery. Other bad news is that the tractor only runs decent for about 15 minutes and then starts dogging out nearly to the point of killing the motor completely, but I'll start a new thread to discuss.

trailracer618

Apr 23, 2009
Missouri, USA
Bought a new battery and starts like a charm and all electrical is now in working order. Yippee, I can now mow my lawn which is so overgrown I could probably bale it.

Jack_Flash1947

Equipment
B7800
May 31, 2012
Kentucky
I have a B7800 that the safety interlock system works too well on. It has the same symptoms as your tractor.

My dealer told me to jumper the starter- solenoid to get the tractor started.

Jack_Flash