BX 1870 vs. BX 2370 vs. BX 2670

Bergy

Feb 21, 2014
Rockville, MN
Well Guys,

I am faced with the decision between the BX 1870, BX 2370 or BX 2670. I want plenty of power for blowing wet heavy snow, but still want a manuverable machine around buildings and when cutting grass around trees and in tight spots. Will I notice a difference in power blowing snow and in manuverability between the models? Is it worth the extra cost?

Anyone hear of changes to the models. I heard they are changing the ROPS and the foot area on the BX series? Any details?

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Basically they are the same tractor. They will also perform the same as far as getting around obstacles. So now you are down to one discussion, money vs. power. If you can afford it get as much power as you can. It will make snow blowing and other tasks much easier.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well Bergy first off welcome to the Orange..
Now you have opend up a whole can or worms.
Every one will have there own opinions about the BX, I have a BX 2360, same tractor just earlier model and to be honest I haven't found anything that I couldn't do with her,, remembering that it is a SMALL tractor...and keeping what I do with in those confines.
If I remember right all the tractors 18, 23, and 26 are all the same size so that's not an issue.
You are talking about an 18 HP motor vs a 26 HP motor so yes you will see a difference in some things.
With that being said, remember it is a small tractor and has to be treated as such, so each one has its limitations.. heavy wet snow:eek:,, bubba that's going to bog down anything but the really big boys and they have to take it slow and easy too.
The BX is a very maneuverable tractor and around buildings and shrubs and such again taking your time she will amaze you.
The 70 series has moved the brake to the left side away from the tram pedal, some like it better that way.
I believe the new motors have gone to a tier 4 which is suppose to be more environmentally friendly from what my dealer told me and meet EPA guide lines.
The ROPS on the new ones looks like the same as on the B series, about a foot or so higher than on the 50 and 60 series and folds down.

As to cost, its like buying a pickup, you figure what out kind of fills the bill for what you want or need to do and go from there.

I hope something I said will help you, but really its all what you want. Im really happy with my 23 horse BX2360.

Much luck in finding the one, you will have all kinds of fun,,,errrr be able to do all kinds of work with:D

hy8ytjh98

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1870 with BX2750D snow blower, LA203A loader
Nov 1, 2013
Gorham, ME, USA
I've got the BX1870. I can't obviously compare the power to the other 2 machines you are looking at, but I can you my experience with mine. I have about 17 hours on it, all blowing snow. Other than one storm when we got really heavy wet snow, it had absolutely no problems even at less than full throttle. During that one storm, it did bog down and I had to compensate by going slower...the HST makes that really easy to do as you can just creep along really slowly no problem. The 1870 is slightly shorter then the other 2 machines (few inches) and sits lower because the tires are a little smaller. I actually wanted the smallest machine I could get because of garage space etc. It is a really nice machine. I love it. Really my only complaint is the ROPS...the BXxx70 series has a different ROPS than the BXxx60 series - it is taller and wider. It does fold down, but that is where my complaint is - rather than folding near the top and folding straight down, it folds about half way down the ROPS and will only fold to a certain point, so it sticks way out the back of the tractor when it is folded down. I have already hit my house once with it when coming out the garage door...have to be careful. Hope this is helpful.

JWool

Equipment
B2650HSDC FEL & Front Snow Blower, ZT-Z421, GL11000 Generator
Dec 29, 2013
Northern MI
I purchased a BX2370 with front snow blower and mower deck, I was torn about the same thing, I still don't know how one would know if they would need more power before buying, anyways the 2370 seems to have plenty of power for the snow blowing I have done, only time it bogs is when I go after a already plowed pile of snow that's been there awhile and much taller than the blower intake, it will knock it down just have to be slow and easy.

Last edited:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I have the BX1860 three years now and I also have two larger tractors of the blue type. Of the blue, one is an older 18 hp and the other 27 HP. I have done all sorts of things with all three. Even the larger blue job at 18 HP and weighting 2600#, there is nothing it can't do. Also, the 18 HP BX does everything I need it for, including handling and digging earth and never is it short of power to do the job. Plowing snow of all types with rear blade no sweat and mowing also great. Remember you have two ranges of gearing and that low range comes into play on rare occasion. Save the money.

Ky Kubota

Equipment
'13 BX2670, FEL, 60" MMM, Land Pride RB1560 rear bladeLand Pride RTR 0550 tiller
Nov 8, 2013
Berea, Ky
Just brought my new BX2670 home a few weeks back,,,wow, what a cool machine, have just used the FEL and rear 3 point. Went out today and used the FEL to do some work in a ditch line and lift a big limb that came down on my line fence,,got everything done before my wife could even get outside to check on me. The biggest plus,,,,all that I did, before I bought this tractor,,,would have killed my back,,chainsaw, shovel, never had to come out. Totally happy with my purchase,,can't wait to mow with the 60" MMM.

I'm coming from a GR2120 that was a great MOWER,, this thing is a do-it-all machine.

Money and power wise, BX2670 is top of your list. I've never heard a complaint of to much power. Only you know your budget, just choose wisely with no regrets.

Size and maneuverability, all three are very similar in size, so that's not even a issue.

Good luck and have fun. Work with this thing is a pleasure!!

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
Have you made up your mind yet? When you get it we love to see pictures :D

northender

Equipment
bx2370, FEL, 54" MMM, LP box blade, LP back blade
Aug 23, 2013
Brookfield, MO USA
Well Bergy first off welcome to the Orange..
Now you have opend up a whole can or worms.

If I remember right all the tractors 18, 23, and 26 are all the same size so that's not an issue.

Much luck in finding the one, you will have all kinds of fun,,,errrr be able to do all kinds of work with:D
The 1870 is slightly smaller than the other 2 models, it uses a different FEL and the tires are smaller. Last summer I purchased a new 2370, got it with the FEL, 54" mmm, and a landpride 48" box blade. Since buying it have been adding equipment, got a rear blade and just recently purchased a KK xb model 48" tiller. I am amazed what you can do with these little tractors, I have yet to lack for horsepower, I have more issues losing traction....going to load the rears this spring, ought to help out. I too had to decide on which model to purchase, I can't remember off the top of head, but am thinking that with each model, the price jumps about $1500, so I went with the mid priced version. Like I mentioned before, I haven't had any problems doing what I wanted to do, can't imagine the extra hp of the 2670 would have helped a bit, but I haven't used my tiller yet, maybe the hp increase would be noticeable then.
Anyhow, I am sure whatever model you select, you will be pleased with it, I am very happy with mine!

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
I bought BX2370 last fall. I love this machine. Have the FEL, 54" belly mower, 48" blower (modified shoot rotate/tilt), 48" tiller. I modified a used soft side cab from a JD lawn tractor to fit, works great. Fabricated a tilting front plow that fits onto the bucket. Added some LED front and back work lights via Ebay. Added a block heater and use it with a WEMO switch controlled via smart phone (very handy). DIY front forks and grill guard.

My deciding factor for going with the BX2370 was insurance. With Allstate here in Canada, a tractor below 25hp will be covered under your house insurance so it was a no brainer to go with the 2370.
My only negative so far is with the ROPS tilt position as previously mentioned.

Cheers from NB Canada

Attachments

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Love my BX1800. First winter with it, and the snowblower. I tossed a cab on it and have snowblowed just about everyones driveway on my dead end street almost every storm this year. And we have seen quite a bit of the white stuff this year. I have only run full throttle a couple times. Once when I snowblowed a path that hadn't been done in a bit and had a lot of snowblown snow piled up. The other time was in almost pure slush. Slow and easy. I'm usually at about 1/2-3/4 throttle. I love this thing. :) As someone mentioned, you usually don't hear anyone complain about too much power tho. ;) I couldn't pass up the deal on the one I bought.