Buying new tractor b3200 and other other thoughts???

Ozziekubota67

Mar 3, 2014
South Carolina usa
Hey guys I am going to kubota dealer @ 7am and am going with intent to purchase!!! I have a l185 and am tired of messing with this old iron.... I'm looking at either a b3200 or maybe a b3400. Just going to run a 4ft bush hog and maybe a tiller... Looking to prob go with 2wd as I don't need 4wd and hear shift manual... Any input will be great???, around $14000 for one???? Thanks

slickwilly1976

Equipment
L1500,L1500dt, B2920,bush hog,tiller,scrape blade,cub lo-boy
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
For whats its worth I just bought a B2920 4x4 with a FEL and I love it. I didnt give a whloe lot more than 14k for it and it will run a 4ft BH fine. Of course after I bought it I found a 2013 L3200dt for 15400 but neverless I love my tractor.

slickwilly1976

Equipment
L1500,L1500dt, B2920,bush hog,tiller,scrape blade,cub lo-boy
Jul 14, 2013
Rocky face Ga
Well I don't know prices in your area but around here you can get a new one for around 15k. With kubota's 0% it's hard to pass up. I love my B2920 but like I said I found a L3200 for 15,400 to me that's a great price and it's new. Don't get me wrong there is some great used tractors out there. This is my first new one I've always bought used. I guess it's a pro con kinda thing. Good luck either way

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
I went from an L185DT to a L3200DT and love it! I really recommend 4WD - if you ever decide to put on a FEL you will be thankful you have it. Have the dealer put a 600 lb implement on the back, and slowly lift it up and down in small increments and watch for jerkiness. It can be annoying. The L185 was smooth as silk.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
If I were shopping, I would have enough concerns about the new emissions equipment and engine management to shop for used, instead. Or, some new, previous year stock. I don't think I would buy brand new, even with finance incentives.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Might want to look at the L3800 gear which has a two stage clutch for a live pto. The L3200 gear is a tranny driver pto much like the L185 you have now. But there is a world of difference bush hogging with a live pto vs a tranny pto.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Might want to look at the L3800 gear which has a two stage clutch for a live pto. The L3200 gear is a tranny driver pto much like the L185 you have now. But there is a world of difference bush hogging with a live pto vs a tranny pto.
Agree HEAVILY with this. If you're going GEAR model, you want the 3800. The 2 stage clutch is worth every penny. Additionally, you didn't mention a FEL? The only way I could see not getting a FEL is if you already had 2 machines with them. With the interest free financing it's a no-brainer IMO. You don't see many of the Ls w/ out them. You could always sell it later, but you will have to cough up $4k to buy it later and you won't get 0% interest.

The L3200 Gear should not have been produced I feel. The clutch being shared with the drive line just doesn't belong on this class of machine.

As for the FEL, I assume you don't have one now, because if you did have one, you wouldn't question the usefulness of this attachment. With the SSQA on it you can use pallet forks and any number of things that fit "Bob Cats". You won't be able to use most of the hydraulic-driven attachments due to the low flow of the L series machines, but those that you can use will cover most of your tasks (Though you could use a PTO driven pump to run them with EASE).

I have several neighbors asking how I was able to accomplish one thing or another around the farm and it usually ends up being the result of using the loader. They don't have loaders so they're limited as to what they can do with the 3pt.

Some things I have done......move dirt / trash / rock around property and into roll-off dumpsters, dig out boulders, move said boulders, unload and load trucks and trailers of various items including 3pt implements (including freight deliverys to the farm), push over trees and then dig out the root ball of the tree, lift hay to the top of the barn, lift things to the roof of a structure, built a steel arch garage, rip out old fencing, "roll up" old field fence, dig a hole for deceased animals, use the pallet forks w/ empty pallet for a go anywhere work bench and as an aerial platform, last but not least, the bucket makes a great place to sit up to 3 people drinking beer around the bonfire, the tractor stacked. :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Ozziekubota67

Mar 3, 2014
South Carolina usa
Errrrrrr.... Just text my dealer and said hold all production on the l3200dt.... So I see the 3200 has a independent PTO??? Doesn't that mean it's not controlled by tractor speed of movement????

So should I go down the road to the guy with a 3800dt model????

Should I go 2013 or 2014 models???? Need answered please about to buy ASAP

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Thanks for all yall's amazing input!!!! talked with my dealer and he got me in a 2013 L3800DT for a little more??? was it worth its for the 2 stage clutch for the live pto???
Yes, the added power is a bonus :) You have 2 threads and they both have similar information. I would consider the FEL too though.