Buying help - 1995 L35 or 2008 L39

CdnSldr.ret

Aug 26, 2021
NW Ontario, Canada
My take on this is get you funds ready. Pack your clothes and food and spend a week on the road with the truck and trailer and go look at the L39 and L35. I have drove many times 10-12 hours one way to get a piece of equipment. Usually you can weed out the BS on the phone and dig down to the real story. Sounds like you can do your own work so I wouldn't be scared of the L39 if it has been maintained. You can usually look around someones place and see how they take care of there equipment. I agreed you have high sales tax I would stay out of the dealers. There's good used equipment out there but you have to shop and in your case you will have to drive. Looks like you live in a beautiful piece of the world.
Unfortunately the L35 and L39 are on two different sides of the country (I'm in the middle hah). If I can get the L39 price down a bit, I think I'll jump on it. Great capacity for the engine size, decent hours, and triple rear remotes already. Once this land sale is legally completed I'll reach out to the seller for all the intricate details and try to get some video of all the functions being tested.

For sh*ts and giggles I went to my local Kubota dealer for quotes.

L3560 (with cab) with LA 805 loader and BH92 hoe: $75,671 (CAD) out the door. 72 month 0%
L4760 (with cab) with LA 1055 loader and BH92 hoe: $88,658 (CAD) out the door. 72 month 0%
L47 TLB with hyd thumb, 2 rear remotes, 3rd function front: $89,383 (CAD) out the door. 48 month 0% or 72 month 1.99%

Removing the cabs from the first two would save about $10k. All in all the L4760 and L47 would work out to about $1100/mo with $9k down, or around $800/mo with 20k down.

Not sure if it's the same down south, but up here Kubota doesnt extend the same financing benefit to the construction grade TLB's.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I hope you get your land deal firmed up. For years I got by with peoples cast off's on tractors and equipment as we were investing in buying land instead of new shine'y paint. Being a maintenance person I could always do my own work. Just keep shopping after the land deal is done the right tractor will come along.

Reactions: 1 user

CdnSldr.ret

Aug 26, 2021
NW Ontario, Canada
Well I wasn’t able to lock down any deals on a Kubota, but I ended up with an early 90’s 30ish ton Cat excavator. Was originally a 227 feller buncher.
Starting life as a feller buncher has some huge bonuses. The undercarriage is way beefier (D7 dozer UC), the final drives are heavier duty, and the hyd pump has huge volume.

The UC looks to be in awesome shape.

Couldn’t pass it up for $11.5k CAD.

Now I just need to get it outfitted with a thumb.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's an awesome machine!! Not a TLB, but who cares. :)

Reactions: 1 users