Buying BH70 backhoe for B2601

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
the build site shows the back hoe with 16 " bucket and frame at 8919 so I would think 8400 and without being part of a package seems like an ok deal. I read a rumor on this site that there is a price increase april 1
My dealer told me to expect an 8% increase very soon.

XSpecBx

Equipment
B2601, Artillian Pallet Forks, Woodmaxx MX-8600, LP BB1248
Apr 3, 2022
Ledyard, CT
I bought my B2601 in December. Prices quoted by two dealers, when buying the BH with the tractor purchase was $8,400 and $8,700. Prices have gone up significantly since 2019.

brownge9999

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Jun 25, 2022
Florissant, CO
I have a BH70 I bought with my B2601 in Nov 2019 and have used very little. Interested in selling if OP still looking. I'm in the Colorado Springs, CO area.

Lakeview Ranch

Equipment
B2601 TLB
May 12, 2023
God's Country
First of all, hi guys. This is my first post. I've been lurking for years, but finally felt the need to create an account and chime in on this.

I ordered a B2601 with loader and backhoe in Oct '21. Took delivery of tractor and loader in Feb '22. Finally got the call last week that backhoe was in stock and ready for install... if I was still interested.

Of course I was still interested. I made the purchase knowing the projects I have upcoming on the property and wouldn't have bought this particular machine without the backhoe. I was informed that Kubota no longer honored my "locked in" price from '21. Price has now increased roughly $2500 from what I was initially quoted for the package deal. That's a very tough pill to swallow, and unfortunately there are many others in the same boat. I'm very upset with Kubota, and will probably look elsewhere in the future when I plan to upgrade to a larger machine with heated cab.

All that being said, the dealer honored their quote of free pickup, free install, and free delivery at $9500 +tax. I have contacted every dealer within a 4hr drive to find out if they have one in stock and receive a quote. Everyone in my area is charging roughly $10500 plus tax, install, and transport if needed. Final price at most dealers comes in at 11-13k, and nobody has them in stock. They are telling me ETA of 6-12mo.

Long story short, I bit the bullet and took the offer for the least expensive and readily available option. I highly suggest getting one now if you can, or potentially finding a used one. If you can get it at 8400, kudos to you! Also keep in mind, they no longer offer 0% for anything longer than 2yrs (at least for implements). It's crazy expensive and I'm furious with Kubota. My dealer is very respectable and holding up to their end of the agreement. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
First of all, hi guys. This is my first post. I've been lurking for years, but finally felt the need to create an account and chime in on this.

I ordered a B2601 with loader and backhoe in Oct '21. Took delivery of tractor and loader in Feb '22. Finally got the call last week that backhoe was in stock and ready for install... if I was still interested.

Of course I was still interested. I made the purchase knowing the projects I have upcoming on the property and wouldn't have bought this particular machine without the backhoe. I was informed that Kubota no longer honored my "locked in" price from '21. Price has now increased roughly $2500 from what I was initially quoted for the package deal. That's a very tough pill to swallow, and unfortunately there are many others in the same boat. I'm very upset with Kubota, and will probably look elsewhere in the future when I plan to upgrade to a larger machine with heated cab.

All that being said, the dealer honored their quote of free pickup, free install, and free delivery at $9500 +tax. I have contacted every dealer within a 4hr drive to find out if they have one in stock and receive a quote. Everyone in my area is charging roughly $10500 plus tax, install, and transport if needed. Final price at most dealers comes in at 11-13k, and nobody has them in stock. They are telling me ETA of 6-12mo.

Long story short, I bit the bullet and took the offer for the least expensive and readily available option. I highly suggest getting one now if you can, or potentially finding a used one. If you can get it at 8400, kudos to you! Also keep in mind, they no longer offer 0% for anything longer than 2yrs (at least for implements). It's crazy expensive and I'm furious with Kubota. My dealer is very respectable and holding up to their end of the agreement. Hope this helps.
Sleezy action by mother Kubota.
Good to know, that with corporate Kubota, "locked in" means.... NOTHING.... sucker!

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I sure hope that your new BH70 isn't a piece of junk like mine. Check absolutely everything, on mine they had things welded in the wrong position, thumb had wrong parts, hoses leaked, grease fittings plugged with paint and much more.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I got my tlb in Jan of 2022. I know there are several people on the site that think a little backhoe is not worthwhile but I have to say that I use mine a lot. In the last week I dug out two spruce stumps transplanted a half dozen trees, planted two new trees, dug 9 bigfoot footing holes for a deck, excavated a 10x10 area for pavers, I also moved several of my wifes plants from the deck area and transplanted them. I think the back hoe and loader are used about equally. In fact I grease them on the same schedule. I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. I know the price increases are an issue but once you own the equipment the price increases mean the resale may let you eventually break even. My dealer took a deposit when I ordered mine that locked the price in for both of us. good luck with your new tractor.

Reactions: 2 users

Lakeview Ranch

Equipment
B2601 TLB
May 12, 2023
God's Country
I got my tlb in Jan of 2022. I know there are several people on the site that think a little backhoe is not worthwhile but I have to say that I use mine a lot. In the last week I dug out two spruce stumps transplanted a half dozen trees, planted two new trees, dug 9 bigfoot footing holes for a deck, excavated a 10x10 area for pavers, I also moved several of my wifes plants from the deck area and transplanted them. I think the back hoe and loader are used about equally. In fact I grease them on the same schedule. I am sure you will be happy with your purchase. I know the price increases are an issue but once you own the equipment the price increases mean the resale may let you eventually break even. My dealer took a deposit when I ordered mine that locked the price in for both of us. good luck with your new tractor.
-I'm glad you're getting good use out of it. Sounds like a ton of work that's much easier with machinery. I'm getting at the age where it's hard to "pull start" my shovel. I look forward to owning this, as I have a huge landscape project coming up. The machine will pay for itself when all is complete. All we can hope is that price increases translate to resale, and my dreams of owning a heated/cooled cab are in reach. Thanks for your input!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
-I'm glad you're getting good use out of it. Sounds like a ton of work that's much easier with machinery. I'm getting at the age where it's hard to "pull start" my shovel. I look forward to owning this, as I have a huge landscape project coming up. The machine will pay for itself when all is complete. All we can hope is that price increases translate to resale, and my dreams of owning a heated/cooled cab are in reach. Thanks for your input!
If it will give you any comfort........
I have a 2006 L48 TLB that I bought used for $32K in 2019.
The machine had only 251 hours, but from "comps" I conclude that......
My 2006 L48 TLB is likely worth MORE now than it's original cost,..... 17 years ago.

jkrubi12

Equipment
B2601/LA435/QA54"/BH70/B8160box/BB1254/PFL1242/SGC0554/WC-68 Chipper
Sep 24, 2012
right coast
About 3 weeks ago my dealer picked up my 1 year old B2601 and returned it 3 days later with a brand-new BH70 hanging off the back of it. Yes, I'd been waiting about a year for the BH to become 'available', and I got several opinions on why it took a year for my ordered BH to get to the dealer (steel supply chain issues seemed to be the most common opinion).

In the first three weeks I've had it out 3 times and I'm quite impressed thus far. I wasn't expecting the world from such a small BH/tractor combo, but I can say that I'm quite pleased with the performance of the BH and the finish quality as well. In my case, I had envisioned numerous projects where the BH would be included and it's great that it's now 'in the house' and ready for my ambition to gear up.

First project was to perform work on an access trail I'm constructing on the rearmost portion of my property. I've started excavating large rocks out of the way of the trail (picking them up with the thumb attachment, takes a little practice but it works well) until I came across a monster too big for the BH to lift (refrigerator-sized). My solution was to dig a huge hole next to the boulder, roll it into the hole and cover it all back up.

Do I really need a BH? Not really. Heck, I don't even really need a tractor. But it really completes my tractor, and fits nicely within my growing attachment collection. Having the various attachments available makes owning the tractor seem so much more justified. Considering how Kubota makes it so easy to buy these things (got the entire package delivered to my home with an electronic signature @ 0%) I 'm a very happy customer.

Reactions: 1 users

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I never liked a shovel even when I was 20. The last few times I had to dig holes it took forever. with the amount of rocks we have here digging is no fun at all. Hell I use the BH to plant bulbs now

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
About 3 weeks ago my dealer picked up my 1 year old B2601 and returned it 3 days later with a brand-new BH70 hanging off the back of it. Yes, I'd been waiting about a year for the BH to become 'available', and I got several opinions on why it took a year for my ordered BH to get to the dealer (steel supply chain issues seemed to be the most common opinion).

In the first three weeks I've had it out 3 times and I'm quite impressed thus far. I wasn't expecting the world from such a small BH/tractor combo, but I can say that I'm quite pleased with the performance of the BH and the finish quality as well. In my case, I had envisioned numerous projects where the BH would be included and it's great that it's now 'in the house' and ready for my ambition to gear up.

First project was to perform work on an access trail I'm constructing on the rearmost portion of my property. I've started excavating large rocks out of the way of the trail (picking them up with the thumb attachment, takes a little practice but it works well) until I came across a monster too big for the BH to lift (refrigerator-sized). My solution was to dig a huge hole next to the boulder, roll it into the hole and cover it all back up.

Do I really need a BH? Not really. Heck, I don't even really need a tractor. But it really completes my tractor, and fits nicely within my growing attachment collection. Having the various attachments available makes owning the tractor seem so much more justified. Considering how Kubota makes it so easy to buy these things (got the entire package delivered to my home with an electronic signature @ 0%) I 'm a very happy customer.
Congratulations!
Any new tractor is a wonderful thing, and a new tractor with a BH is fantastic!

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I never liked a shovel even when I was 20. The last few times I had to dig holes it took forever. with the amount of rocks we have here digging is no fun at all. Hell I use the BH to plant bulbs now
Except for the Annapolis valley, your whole province seems to be one big rock, with a very thin layer of cover soil..
Only consolation is that Newfie land is even worse.
I have lived in both.

Last edited:

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I always say I don't need a backhoe. I dug a trench the other day. Turns out there was a hard pan 3 inches under the surface. I needed 12 inches for drainage pipe. And 30 metres long (90 feet). Full day of digging, using crow bar on every inch of the ditch. Probably could have used a backhoe that day. :) Probably not $9K of value, and I don't dig ditches very often, but I would have enjoyed it.

I also rented a Kubota mini-ex over the weekend, destroying a concrete water tank, and digging a hole for the replacement plastic tank to be half-buried. Definitely couldn't have done that with a backhoe. The hydraulic hammer for breaking up the concrete wouldn't have had enough flow on a backhoe, and I had very limited space - a zero swing excavator squished in, I had a lot of difficulty getting my tractor without backhoe into the space at all.

Horses for courses. If I did a lot of digging I think a backhoe would be a great attachment. For the money though, I'd probably get more use from a gang mower like this: https://www.nzmowers.co.nz/hydra5-5-gang/

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I always say I don't need a backhoe. I dug a trench the other day. Turns out there was a hard pan 3 inches under the surface. I needed 12 inches for drainage pipe. And 30 metres long (90 feet). Full day of digging, using crow bar on every inch of the ditch. Probably could have used a backhoe that day. :) Probably not $9K of value, and I don't dig ditches very often, but I would have enjoyed it.

I also rented a Kubota mini-ex over the weekend, destroying a concrete water tank, and digging a hole for the replacement plastic tank to be half-buried. Definitely couldn't have done that with a backhoe. The hydraulic hammer for breaking up the concrete wouldn't have had enough flow on a backhoe, and I had very limited space - a zero swing excavator squished in, I had a lot of difficulty getting my tractor without backhoe into the space at all.

Horses for courses. If I did a lot of digging I think a backhoe would be a great attachment. For the money though, I'd probably get more use from a gang mower like this: https://www.nzmowers.co.nz/hydra5-5-gang/
"Hydraulic hammer,......wouldn't have had enough flow...."
My L48 TLB has 24.9 gpm
Did the hammer require more?

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
+1 👆 🍺 I had never even met my salesman until I went and picked up my 50 hour oil and filters. All done electronically/email and over the phone.

I love that damn BH77.

My only problem now it that I want one for "Up North" and one for "Down South".

This could get expensive......The finance committee meeting is going to be brutal this time around.