Buying a L300DT tomorrow, help locating air cleaner

cmcgalla

Sep 17, 2012
toronto, ohio USA
Hi there, I found a 2000 L3000DT with 1950 hours, front loader, landpride finish mower and two new front tires for $8100. It seemed like a fair price so I'm going out to get it tomorrow, unless I am scared off.

I have read about a 2 stage air cleaner, searched for one and nothing comes up! Where can I get one?

Any other buying advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Zeek

elkhound

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3000DT
Oct 8, 2010
Wilkesboro N.C.
Hi there, I found a 2000 L3000DT with 1950 hours, front loader, landpride finish mower and two new front tires for $8100. It seemed like a fair price so I'm going out to get it tomorrow, unless I am scared off.

I have read about a 2 stage air cleaner, searched for one and nothing comes up! Where can I get one?

Any other buying advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Zeek
I have a 2001 L3000DT as well. I hope nothing was there to scare you off, and that all was good. Sounds to me like a great deal.

As to a 2 stage air cleaner, any dealer should be able to get that for you, or maybe http://www.messicks.com/

Any questions about an L3000 though should be asked of Bulldog. He has the answers, and lots of helpful suggestions.

cmcgalla

Sep 17, 2012
toronto, ohio USA
As it turns out the guy shows up 25 minutes late, comes tearing in the driveway, gets out and asks why my tires are muddy. Told him I had to move because I was blocking his wife in the garage, she told me to turn around "down there", so I did. It was muddy, he had a large area with several garages and workshops, junk everywhere with a gravel drive area going the whole way.

He proceeded to call me every name in the book, cursed me, and God, up and down in a fairly violent manner. Eventually he told me to go home, we're not doing this. No way he was ever getting my money. I didn't resist I peacefully apologized and said a short prayer for him, and some poor employee of his who was spraying tons of mud off of a skid steer in the "driveway". Honestly the place did not look any more muddy than before I got there, in fact the giant mud puddle was from his skid steer that was being cleaned.

I drove 2.5 hours to get there, paid $18.00 in tolls, not too mention towing a trailer too! Oh well, poor guy must be pretty miserable.

elkhound

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3000DT
Oct 8, 2010
Wilkesboro N.C.
Saying a prayer for him was definitely the right thing to do. I hate that you went through what you did. But God has a way of working things out for the best for His people. Romans 8:28

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If you find another 3000 I still have the box my dual air filter came in. I can get it and give you the part number. I also suggest adding telescoping stabilizers and doing away with the turn buckles. Good luck on the hunt.

elkhound

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3000DT
Oct 8, 2010
Wilkesboro N.C.
If you find another 3000 I still have the box my dual air filter came in. I can get it and give you the part number. I also suggest adding telescoping stabilizers and doing away with the turn buckles. Good luck on the hunt.
I agree with Bulldog on the telescopic stabilizers. This past spring i plowed our garden with a 2 bottom 12. The tractor handled the plow very well. Even in the hard red clay we have around here. But the bolt end of the turn buckle that goes back under the tractor bent on both lower lift arms. As i have very little experience using anything larger than a garden tractor this may well have been operator error. And it cost me a little of $90 to fix.

If it happens again i'll most likely talk with Hodge about making a set of stabilizers.