Bullet hole in filter screen?

figjam

Equipment
b8200
Nov 11, 2009
Ocala,fl
Ok can someone explain this one to me.

Had to flush my tranny due to water, pulled out my filter screen and it looks like someone has put a .22 through it? I can't figure out why or how this happened. I have used a screwdriver occasionally to get an oil filter off but once the screen is out I can see no reason why to punch a hole in it, the metal there is pretty thick, I'm not sure you could punch a scewdriver through it anyway?

:confused:

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
I hope you don't have too many enemies~~~:D:D:D

It really look a like 22 caliber shot hole...:eek:

Good thing you found earlier~!

Good luck.

Joe.

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
Maybe that filter "ticked-off" the PO !:eek:

Or,

Maybe the PO thought he'd get better flow after putin' a round thru !:rolleyes:

figjam

Equipment
b8200
Nov 11, 2009
Ocala,fl
I'm not sure a gator big enough to punch a hole that big could fit in the tranny. yeah, I've only owned it for 3 weeks, what do you expect for a grand w a finish mower, bush hog and blade. Now I have to get a screen and do another drain.

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
fig if that is all you paid...from what I've seen in the paper down your way everybody is hard up and wants a mint for junk! I've seen some 25 foot 1500 pound gators in Louisiana I kid you not! I used to hunt with customers in the bayous out on Wiskey Bay when I worked with Komatsu and we saw gators the DNR officers said were at least fifty years old they had tracked during experiments with radio tracking. They look at their teeth somehow and measure the size of the skull and equate that to their age.:p Pretty interesting to see a gator this size but sure glade to be in a trackhoe so I could smack'em if they got too close. One of the dumb bastards bit at my bucket one day and I felt the vibration in the cab! Wow :eek: Glad when that job was over and the Corp released us from the wet lands project. :cool:

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Ok can someone explain this one to me.

Had to flush my tranny due to water, pulled out my filter screen and it looks like someone has put a .22 through it?

:confused:

My thought would be the PO replaced the canister after his tractor was used for target practice and didn't bother with the filter. :eek:

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Now Auqa you know a Gator bit that thing while he was swimming in the tranny :D:D:D
LOL :D:D:D:D

That is one critter that I just can't seem to care for. I'll stay away from Fla if a gator is gonna bite my filter. :D
Maybe someone tried to shoot the gator and missed. :D:eek:

Last edited:

Ob1kubota

Equipment
M9540DT
Jul 26, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi fig and yes aqua and I will wear you out with jokes on how this happened. If it was shot and [it certainly looks like it] I would think it would have gone out the other side. What a mystery and the 'why' behind it is even a bigger story that may never be known. Interesting, this is a first for me :D