Buckets Dropping When Tractor Shut-off

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Is it not expected for the dydraulics to lose any pressure?
Yes, it is expected. That's why machines come with various mechanical locks or restraints to keep moving bits in storage positions. It's usually slower than 30 minutes, although that depends a lot on the weight applied.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The bucket on my 2380 also drops over time after shutting it off - it has ever since I bought it. I don't normally keep the loader on mine so it's not been a major point of concern - I just thought it was expected pressure loss. When I am done with the tractor, I set the mower deck height to top. I store it in my garage and push it in / out so as not to have exhaust hanging around in the house. If I don't set to top, the deck will eventually lower all the way and the wheels will hit the concrete, especially the lip height between the driveway and garage floor. I will say mine doesn't drop as quickly as half-hour, takes day for the loader from drive height to hit the floor.

Is it not expected for the dydraulics to lose any pressure?

Dan
Hydraulics are expected to lose pressure and for cylinders to drift. The issue is the rate at which that happens. What constitutes an acceptable rate of drift is subjective. For me, when a bucket, loader, or the 3pt wont hold position doing normal operations there is a problem.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Putneymountain

Equipment
Kubota M62
Sep 11, 2021
Putney, VT
This is apparently “normal” for at least some Kubota tractors. Someone posted the attached figure that shows the acceptable extensions for their curl ram. (4 inches in 15 minutes if it's self leveling)

The clicking is because the drop is not completely smooth. Its a series of tiny drops that are associated with the clicking.

Attachments

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
This is apparently “normal” for at least some Kubota tractors. Someone posted the attached figure that shows the acceptable extensions for their curl ram. (4 inches in 15 minutes if it's self leveling)

The clicking is because the drop is not completely smooth. Its a series of tiny drops that are associated with the clicking.
I would call 4" in 15 minutes horribly broken. That won't even hold a load under normal usage.

Dan