bucket operation b2630

kubote

Sep 22, 2016
Maine, USA
I think I overloaded the control valve while running my bucket. It still works, but not quite like it should. I can't move the bucket arms up and down while also moving the bucket itself up or dump. I believe it is a yw248-00102 (or 00100). I don't want to spend two grand to find out if I'm right. Can this be rebuilt? Should I be looking elsewhere for the problem?

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I think I overloaded the control valve while running my bucket. It still works, but not quite like it should. I can't move the bucket arms up and down while also moving the bucket itself up or dump. I believe it is a yw248-00102 (or 00100). I don't want to spend two grand to find out if I'm right. Can this be rebuilt? Should I be looking elsewhere for the problem?

yes they can be totally disassembled and repaired. Kubota offers (or used to...I haven't been into one in a while) most of the parts for the valve assembly. What loader model is it?

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
The LA403 has a serial number break. So when ordering a detent kit have your serial number handy before ordering.

Pat

kubote

Sep 22, 2016
Maine, USA
Thank you both for your replies, this is quite helpful. To answer, it is in fact an LA 403.
Is a rebuild something a novice can do? I'm not mechanically inept, but probably wouldn't rebuild my carburetor.

ibunker

Equipment
B3300SU w/BK76, Box blade, DR wood chipper
Dec 5, 2010
Port Orchard, WA
You may want to check your hydraulic quick disconnects going to your FEL. My problem was I could not raise (boom up) my bucket. Switched hoses around, the bucket boom and curl hoses. Now I could raise the bucket but not curl. I reconnected the hoses to the original configuration. I removed the male nipple of the boom up with the boom down and now the bucket would raise but not lower. I spent $10.99 for a male nipple that solved the problem. The pin in the nipple is depressed some and off center.

Attachments

kubote

Sep 22, 2016
Maine, USA
You may want to check your hydraulic quick disconnects going to your FEL. My problem was I could not raise (boom up) my bucket. Switched hoses around, the bucket boom and curl hoses. Now I could raise the bucket but not curl. I reconnected the hoses to the original configuration. I removed the male nipple of the boom up with the boom down and now the bucket would raise but not lower. I spent $10.99 for a male nipple that solved the problem. The pin in the nipple is depressed some and off center.
Oh, thanks. Definitely worth looking.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Not your three point lever pulled up and deadheading. Been caught there before as well as auxillary hydraulics inadvertently activated.
Got me a few times, from getting on and off tractor and nudged lever.