bucket level indicator

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
So here's what I created for a bucket level indicator. Did this back in the summer but just got around to taking pictures.

The first two pictures show the part I fabricated and attached using an existing bolt. I made it by bending a piece of flat bar into a U shape around that connector bar (not sure what it's really called), then welded another piece between the legs, and a piece of round bar onto that piece.

The third picture shows the connection to the loader arm using existing holes. That's a 3/4" nipple, and I can unscrew it for easy removal.

The smaller pipe is 1/2" and slides in a 1" pipe. I probably should put a short piece of 1" on the other side of the tee also, but anyway, I just use the tape and when it gets to the edge of the tee I know the bucket it level at the ground. I can also just add another wrap of tape if I need it for the forks, or even if I want an indicator for level somewhere other than at the ground. And if it breaks, it's cheap to fix.

Attachments

Last edited:

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
Pictures? I have the amerisolutions product sitting in my garage. Haven't mustered the courage to drill the necessary hole.
No pictures, but I will say it is an easy install with no drilling holes or welding. Simply replace the cylinder pins and add the rods. The kit can be ordered from your dealer for around $65. Bucket level indicator kit contains both pins, 2 piece indicator rod, bolt/nut and cotter pin. It is adjustable to reflect level for whatever you have hooked on front.

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
No pictures, but I will say it is an easy install with no drilling holes or welding. Simply replace the cylinder pins and add the rods. The kit can be ordered from your dealer for around $65. Bucket level indicator kit contains both pins, 2 piece indicator rod, bolt/nut and cotter pin. It is adjustable to reflect level for whatever you have hooked on front.
Pictures of the factory kit installed:

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I have the sliding rod in tube on both my M's and I too have an issue getting level with say my pallet forks or the bucket or the hay spear all which have a different level height so what I did was use different colors of electrical tape to mark the different levels on the indicator rod.

Mikesorange

Equipment
BX2380
Dec 24, 2019
McKenna, WA
Using the factory level indicator, couldn't you mark the rod with tape or paint when pallet forks are level at ground level, 1 ft high, 2 ft high, etc?