Bucket level indicator

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It would be easy to make one like what my loader bucket has and just weld it on. It's parallel to the bottom of the bucket and is about as simple as you can get. It's out of the way and unless a chain got hooked to it to pull with it's about impossible to damage.

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I made one from stuff I had in the garage. There is a knuckle type fitting from an air damper that I put on the bucket bracket, a piece of cad plated round stock, an eye bolt and a short piece of clear 1/2" Sch 40 plastic pipe. On the top view you can see the threaded part of the eye bolt sticking through the loader arm reinforcement plate. The ring end is what grabs the plastic pipe. On the lowere view you can see where the knuckle attaches to the bucket.

I was using the bucket to shave thin layers of topsoil off the land down near the creek and had to get the bucket angle pretty close to perfect. Too much and it wanted to gouge and too little it would skim over without removing any topsoil.

Adjustments to the indicator are made with the tractor parked on my concrete bridge. With the bucket level the pipe is moved so it is flush with the end of the rod.

My previous 'Bota had the little steel level indicator with the green and white decal onthe top of the bucket. It was helpful but not very precise.

Attachments

Last edited:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
I made one from stuff I had in the garage. There is a knuckle type fitting from an air damper that I put on the bucket bracket, a piece of cad plated round stock, an eye bolt and a short piece of clear 1/2" Sch 40 plastic pipe. On the top view you can see the threaded part of the eye bolt sticking through the loader arm reinforcement plate. The ring end is what grabs the plastic pipe. On the lowere view you can see where the knuckle attaches to the bucket.

I was using the bucket to shave thin layers of topsoil off the land down near the creek and had to get the bucket angle pretty close to perfect. Too much and it wanted to gouge and too little it would skim over without removing any topsoil.

Adjustments to the indicator are made with the tractor parked on my concrete bridge. With the bucket level the pipe is moved so it is flush with the end of the rod.

My previous 'Bota had the little steel level indicator with the green and white decal on the top of the bucket. It was helpful but not very precise.

looks good! If you find its not quite precise enough moving the bottom attachment point up higher near the the ram pivot will give the rod more travel. It would seem that where you have it the bucket could be moved quite a bit off of level before the rod made a noticeable change in height.
check mine out in the my 2620 mods folder.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
looks good! If you find its not quite precise enough moving the bottom attachment point up higher near the the ram pivot will give the rod more travel. It would seem that where you have it the bucket could be moved quite a bit off of level before the rod made a noticeable change in height.
check mine out in the my 2620 mods folder.
I like that. Mine was a quickie fix when I was "mining topsoil" near the creek last summer.