Brush Management NRCS Grant work

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Go to Precision Industries web site and see what they say. I use it with an L4240. You have a bigger machine. You have a grapple. It just attaches with the skid steer quick connect, two hydraulic hoses, and off you go!!!

I built the push bar from a ROPS from a Grasshopper zero turn. I have a 7" round mirror to mount on the push bar to see the work area better.

If you have a lot of trees to remove take a look at one of these. I've seen them for less cost, but they work! Maybe he has one you can use to demo!!

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Go to Precision Industries web site and see what they say. I use it with an L4240. You have a bigger machine. You have a grapple. It just attaches with the skid steer quick connect, two hydraulic hoses, and off you go!!!

I built the push bar from a ROPS from a Grasshopper zero turn. I have a 7" round mirror to mount on the push bar to see the work area better.

If you have a lot of trees to remove take a look at one of these. I've seen them for less cost, but they work! Maybe he has one you can use to demo!!

Thank you for the information. I will check it out. You sir, are someone I would like to have a beer (or iced tea) with, but that is another thread.
(I have sister in Shawnee & another sister just outside of Baldwin City, so I’ve been pretty close.)

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Yes sir, I plan doing a mixture of some native grasses and improved grasses, with the ongoing drought its a crap shoot, light disc/seeding in late March. The area cleared in the video will be left very rough, not leveled for a couple weeks. This helps the soil to catch native seeds, and it holds more moisture in those rough areas/pockets.
Are your grasses more for soil control, cover, or feed? I plan to do the same & totally agree on leaving the ground rough. I broadcast most of my seed & that works best on rough ground. I know we are in different areas, but would you care to share the variety/type of grasses you will plant?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Funny, I was just talking to someone about YouTubers who drive away a good chunk of their audience because they put the 'music' they like as soundtrack, instead of considering their audience.

They might even get a few positive comments on the 'music', and take that as proof they are doing the right thing, but never recognize how many people are just closing the window after a few seconds, and never come back.
THAT is MUSIC ?????:poop:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I found some small Oak trees (only ones on the property) and an old foundation with some hollow places that could contain pirate treasure or be home to an armadillo. Not sure how many pirates roamed KS.
Good on the oaks turkey and deer love the acorns, and tree rats too.... As far as the old foundation goes, if you know some one with a metal detector , take a look around never know what you might find.. A friend who has passed inherited a farm, and we went bunny hunting and found an old foundation, he never knew was there, in fact nobody in the family did. I took mine out and we looked around and found a small jar with some coins and a small ladies lapel watch sealed inside. That started him off with a detector and digging into the family history.

Reactions: 1 user

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
I found some small Oak trees (only ones on the property) and an old foundation with some hollow places that could contain pirate treasure or be home to an armadillo. Not sure how many pirates roamed KS.
Good on the oaks turkey and deer love the acorns, and tree rats too.... As far as the old foundation goes, if you know some one with a metal detector , take a look around never know what you might find.. A friend who has passed inherited a farm, and we went bunny hunting and found an old foundation, he never knew was there, in fact nobody in the family did. I took mine out and we looked around and found a small jar with some coins and a small ladies lapel watch sealed inside. That started him off with a detector and digging into the family history.
That is a great idea. My wife expressed an interest in a metal detector a while back. I’ll see if I can get her going. Do you have recommendations on brands/types of detectors?

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Thats w lot of work, but wouldnt one of those forsety munchers work better, mulch every thing before you pant?
Stumps would remain in the ground for 3 to 5 years, would destroy a disc, seed drill or cultivator, a forestry mulcher is not an appoved method under my contract/grant with USDA, and there would be 60 to 70% regrowth on the brush and trees from using a forestry mulcher. That regrowth would require a ton of herbicide use. I have over a 90% kill rate and the stumps, tap roots are removed, and the soil can easily be leveled and ready for planting.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
1/2 acre cleared in about 4 hours yesterday. This area is now ready for disc and spreader or seed drill. Of course we need some of that liquid sunshine called rain!!! I might actually plant sunflowers in this area/section for dove season.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
There really isn't a lot of point in putting noise that doesn't add anything. It would be better to VoiceOver with what you are doing. Also, the volume wasn't consistent.

That being said, I'm interested in the techniques you used, but you don't say anything about that. :D

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
1/2 acre cleared in about 4 hours yesterday. This area is now ready for disc and spreader or seed drill. Of course we need some of that liquid sunshine called rain!!! I might actually plant sunflowers in this area/section for dove season.

In this video...

There really isn't a lot of point in putting noise that doesn't add anything. It would be better to VoiceOver with what you are doing. Also, the volume wasn't consistent.

That being said, I'm interested in the techniques you used, but you don't say anything about that. :D
???

I show the grubber attachment, and grubbing is also defined at 3:50 to 4:10 minutes into the video.

Also if you had read the video description, it also defines what a grubber does.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I show the grubber attachment, and grubbing is also defined at 3:50 to 4:10 minutes into the video.

Also if you had read the video description, it also defines what a grubber does.
I watch a lot of YouTube, but usually on a Smart TV. Descriptions are possible to view, but not something I usually do with the video full screen. In any case, you wanted the viewer to watch for 3:50 seconds before they know what is going on. That's not as helpful as it could be.

Just an attempt at constructive criticism. Feel free to ignore.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I watch a lot of YouTube, but usually on a Smart TV. Descriptions are possible to view, but not something I usually do with the video full screen. In any case, you wanted the viewer to watch for 3:50 seconds before they know what is going on. That's not as helpful as it could be.

Just an attempt at constructive criticism. Feel free to ignore.
I appreciate it, thanks!

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
There is NOT a one size fit ALL approach when it comes to 'their audience " and "knowing everyone's music genre".
The eff there isnt. Prodigy "Fat of The Land" album has something for everybody.

• Haha

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
Started all my brush piles this afternoon, there is atleast 20 of them burning right now, to include one of the largest one that was about 40' wide and 100' long.