Broken Tail Wheel Hub

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
The tail wheel hub on my Land Pride RCF2072 Rotary Cutter broke today. My cutter is just a few days shy of a year old and I don't remember hitting anything in particular to break it. Anyone know if this might be covered under warranty or is it not a covered part? I haven't had a chance to call the dealer yet. If it's out of warranty would you recommend another Land Pride hub or would an aftermarket hub be preferred? It looks like aftermarket replacement hubs are a standard size and are quite a bit cheaper in cost. Any particular hubs recommended. The LP hub appears to be cast iron. Thanks.
1663728316904.jpeg

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I wouldn't give up so fast. Check with the dealer, he has a lot of sway with the manufacturer to get it replaced. It looks like a cast iron part, and if it is, then it is very difficult to weld.

Reactions: 1 user

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Amazon has them for under $50.00. Ensure the correct measurements. They're all made overseas.
I would likely go this route IF the dealer/Landpride declines warrantee claim and the Landpride hub is much more expensive.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Follow-up - the dealer I purchased everything from is going to try and get me a warranty replacement hub from Land Pride. In the meantime, I ordered a new LP hub from Messick's as they had two in stock. My local dealer offered to order me one but it would be 2-3 weeks to come in but had no interest in helping me with a potential warranty replacement because I didn't purchase the cutter from him. I can understand his reluctance to help with a warranty claim, but in all likelihood he'll be where I go for service and filters and fluids, etc. I suspect service is a better profit center than sales, at least in the automotive business it is. He just didn't have the tractor and implements I needed when I bought everything last summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: I can understand his reluctance to help with a warranty claim, b

well I don't. If he's an authorized dealer for the equipment, he SHOULD help you any way he can. If he flat out said 'no', then I'd be calling head office and ask WHY their represenative will NOT help a customer ? Then ask them for the name of the closest dealer that WILL help, call them and take your business there.