Broken Stabilizer Adjustment

garyiden

Equipment
Kubota B3000
Jun 7, 2013
Bentonville
So I noticed that my mower (pull behind) was off center, meaning the mower was not centered behind the tractor. It was "favoring" one side over the other. I then found that the adjustment on the stabilizer bar was broken. I'm attaching a photo to show what was broken. Does anyone know the name of this part? Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EgHkqi5lAUxpryyE2BABSTpGymKjjlg5/view?usp=sharing

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
That is an adjustment rod. When running a rear mount mower you need to put the stabilizer pins in the float position (there are holes for the pins and slots and the need to be in the slots not the holes.).. Reason being is the mower will eexert a lot of side stress on the 3PH so lateral movement of the implement is advisable.

I believe that will be a dealer part.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I can see that it is broken (and I have no idea what it would look like originally) but I don’t understand how that part would make the mower run off to either side.

Can you please explain how that is letting the mower swing to one side?

I see the picture as showing a turnbuckle that can’t be adjusted but still intact at the top and bottom just like it would be if it was intact.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I can see that it is broken (and I have no idea what it would look like originally) but I don’t understand how that part would make the mower run off to either side.

Can you please explain how that is letting the mower swing to one side?

I see the picture as showing a turnbuckle that can’t be adjusted but still intact at the top and bottom just like it would be if it was intact.

It's not intact, it's actually broken in two, so no lift at all on that arm, and the mower was probably twisting and trying to dig in on that side. ;)

NorCalOrange

Equipment
B2150HST, Brush Hog, FEL, Post Hole Digger
Mar 24, 2019
Newcastle, Ca.
Had to replace mine. Its a little different than yours but same concept. Bought an adjustable one on eBay that was a good size and has a similar shape as the original bottom part. Cut the top off of the broken one and had a shop weld it to the new one. Everything done for $60 and its adjustable.

Its also possible to slice both ends off the original and weld on a different adjustable middle section. Just match up the angle of the new with the old.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It's not intact, it's actually broken in two, so no lift at all on that arm, and the mower was probably twisting and trying to dig in on that side. ;)
Ok I can understand the no lift digging in scenario.
Thanks for the explanation.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Help my old eyes, wheres it broken in two?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes sorry your right the rod is still intact, just spun out a long ways, but half the case is missing so that part is broken in two. :D

Attachments