Bro-Tec spacer install ? on B2601

VaGlock

Equipment
B2601 FEL - BH
Jun 28, 2020
Central Va.
How exactly did you take factory studs out? I have a need to do it ...but Ima little scurd to try and get them off.....and afraid of damaging them.
I used the double nut procedure, you put one lug-nut on with taper facing in and then install the second nut with cone facing out and then tighten them against each other as tight as you can, then put a wrench on the inner nut and twist the stud out. I had some that were were real tight backing out others were not to bad. It is normal for them to back out hard all the way. I did not damage any. If you still not sure of the procedure you can find video on Youtube showing how it's done. "double nut stud removal"

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I will try, the factory studs are threaded into the axle housing and the wheel then is installed onto the axle and is hub centric on the axle, the new spacer requires removal of studs as I mentioned. The spacer is then installed (not hub centric) using provided tapered bolts that center the spacer to the axle. The spacer has preinstalled studs that hold the wheel to the spacer with the factory nuts and washers. The spacer has 6 holes for the tapered bolts to axle and six studs for the wheel.

View attachment 49803
WOW!

I thought studs were pushed in from the back and had a head or flange to keep them from being pulled out of the wheel flange.

Looks like in this case these studs rely only on the friction fit in the wheel flange to hold the wheel on.

I would be VERY concerned with this design. But maybe it is the way Kubota does it?

I always thought that studs were pushed out from the wheel side (backwards) when replacing but what do I know? I will now have to take a look at my B2910 and see what the back of the studs look like.

Thanks for taking the time to post the picture and explain. Sounds like you pulled the old studs out from the tire side.

My B2910 has two studs and four bolts if I remember correctly. I guess your tractor is different.

I got the impression your hubs use studs only and no bolts. Perhaps that is what confused me?

Reactions: 1 user