Bradco compact or full size pallet fork on a L3800

Desertdog

May 7, 2013
Las Vegas NV
Trying to decide between the compact or full size pallet fork for an L3800. Price is about the same. Dealer is shooting a pretty good price on the full size with 48" tines, $825. Compact would be about the same. The compact is rated #2300, which is almost double the lift capacity of the tractor. The full size weighs about #136 more, which cuts about 15% of the lift capacity. Anyone with fork on a L3800?

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I would not place much additional value in an attachment that is oversized and cuts into my working capacity. How about a light duty version since even the standard is twice what you need? My pallets only measure about 40" deep. If your forks are deeper than the pallet, you can't carry it full depth without poking out the back side.

Last edited:

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
When I bought my L3800 I told the dealer I wanted a set of the quick attach forks for loading and unloading trucks here at my business. The forks adjust/slide in and out from the width of the loader to the width of both the forks. Last weekend I was piling brush and small trees in piles and my son was scooping them up and dumping them. The forks work great for that and appling down presser on a bent drawbar as I heat it to straighten it, lifting a lot of things. Once you get your tractor as you know ,,,,life changes ...

Dune33

Equipment
L3800, 72 kk mower, 48" tiller, plastic mulch layer,
Jun 14, 2012
Wyoming, MN, USA
When i orderd my forks i was going to get 36" he was out of stock so i got
42" and they have been a life saver, we sold our home and needed to load a 45' storage trailer untill our new house is done. Dune

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
I just added forks to my bucket

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10525

They really work well for what I am doing. I wish I could have put on the QA version as you can see better.. I am slowly getting used to these but picking up downed trees is not as easy as a grapple would be, but the cost was over 10x more too :(

PWM3rd

Equipment
L3800; Landpride RCR1260; BB1260; GS15; RB15; Titan PForks; PTB;
Jan 24, 2014
Central Illinois
Hello,

What type of pallet forks do you have? I just bought my first tractor, L3800 with SSQA for FEL. I am looking at the 42" Titan pallets forks. http://www.palletforks.com/skid-steer-attachments/pallet-fork-attachments.html Just want to make sure I get the right forks for the job. I have a around 20 acres with plenty of brush and tree cleanup for this and the coming years. Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
I take it you've got a quik-tach type loader mount.

In my area a no-name QT / BobCat-type forged tine 48-in fully adjustable (slides side to side) fork implement goes for $500 cash load and go. The side-to-side slide can be a bear: wear gloves and have handy a block of wood and a small sledge; oil the slide bar and keep the tine locater pins oiled.

Check around and see if you can find a better deal somewhere in your area.

Get the longer 48-in forks--you'll be amazed how handy they are (like when handling pallets or similar and you need to push instead of lift and you just need another inch or two to get a second pallet loaded.

Get forged forks. Look for a heat-treat stamping on both forks. Never cut or heat or drill a forged tine. Others disagree but welded forks aren't worth the effort to drag home.

You can bend a forged tine. You'll have to get used to having it stick into the ground until you get it figured out, especially when stabbing brush piles. Go easy at first. Remember you now have a long pointy thing sticking way out in front and the barn wall doesn't need any new gunports.

Please post back your experiences so we may all learn.