Box Scraper on B6100 slips

thebobs

Equipment
Kubota B6100DT (1982)
Jan 30, 2013
Garden Valley, Calif.
I have a proper sized box scraper on an old (32 yrs.) B6100. When I start the tractor and raise the FEL and scraper the scraper lowers on it's own. After I've re-raised the scraper a couple times it seems to stay in place. However, it does start to drop really slowly while I'm operating the tractor (not using scraper) This is a recent development.
Any thoughts on how to fix this minor headache before it gets to be a bigger headache?

Thanks in advance.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
#1 check your fluid levels.
#2 If you haven't done a service on it lately do that and change filters and clean pick up screens.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I have a proper sized box scraper on an old (32 yrs.) B6100. When I start the tractor and raise the FEL and scraper the scraper lowers on it's own. After I've re-raised the scraper a couple times it seems to stay in place. However, it does start to drop really slowly while I'm operating the tractor (not using scraper) This is a recent development.
Any thoughts on how to fix this minor headache before it gets to be a bigger headache?

Thanks in advance.
Are you saying that it does it when you have operated the loader, as in it seems to be tied to the loader operation, or that when you raise the scraper, it lowers on its own? Clarification will help.

thebobs

Equipment
Kubota B6100DT (1982)
Jan 30, 2013
Garden Valley, Calif.
The tractor was serviced at 466 Hrs and now has 475 Hrs. I can't attest to the quality of the service. It was payed for by the person I bought the tractor from. I will triple check the fluid levels although they appeared fine recently. Have not checked the filter screens.

What I find curious is the scraper operates up & down fine but just slowly lowers on its own no matter if I am using the loader or not. I am using the loader more frequently as I am moving a good deal of DG right now. Could the adjustment locknut under the seat cause this? I adjusted it weeks ago to raise and lower the scraper more slowly.

Thanks for giving this some thought.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
The tractor was serviced at 466 Hrs and now has 475 Hrs. I can't attest to the quality of the service. It was payed for by the person I bought the tractor from. I will triple check the fluid levels although they appeared fine recently. Have not checked the filter screens.

What I find curious is the scraper operates up & down fine but just slowly lowers on its own no matter if I am using the loader or not. I am using the loader more frequently as I am moving a good deal of DG right now. Could the adjustment locknut under the seat cause this? I adjusted it weeks ago to raise and lower the scraper more slowly.

Thanks for giving this some thought.
Did it drop before you adjusted the locknut? Otherwise, it sounds like you need new seals.

thebobs

Equipment
Kubota B6100DT (1982)
Jan 30, 2013
Garden Valley, Calif.
It did drop before I adjusted the lock nut but rarely.

Seals are a possibility. This tractor, though covered, sat for long periods between use. Hence the low hours.