Box Scraper for B6100

orangerust

Equipment
tiller 1000
Apr 5, 2010
los angeles california
Just picked up a B6100 that I have been wanting for some time.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a box scraper that would work on this tractor? It has the 3 point I think its catagory 1. Also has a loader if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Lencho

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100hst
Jan 21, 2017
NM
I have a 4’ United BB on my B7100 and think the same size would work well for you. Rather than brand I recommend focusing on features. Some 4’ boxblades have only 3 rippers, others have 4. There are various ways of setting the ripper height - I like simple pins. Same with the 3 point attachment - fixed pins or sliding. I think the sliding pins are easier to attach and stronger because they are supported on both sides. I have also seen cheap boxblades where the cutting blades are just the box itself rather than curved hardened steel. Look for these on both sides. Lastly, look for a stout build front to back. Heavy steel and a solid crossbar support the box when you are pulling hard and it is full.
These United boxblades were sold by Everything Attachments for years. Now they build their own. Landpride models have an odd pin that takes plyers to adjust. Mine is heavy enough to counter balance my FEL.

Attachments

prof.fate

Equipment
75 L175, 14 toro timesaver, Landpride boxblade, countyline auger
Nov 9, 2017
Beaver, PA
4 foot as others have said.

I got a land pride (they have diff 'grades'- i got the cheaper/lighter one).

it has 4 rippers held in with clips..they sorta suck to use but do function.

I has reversable/replaceble cutting edges.

Another difference you'll find between cheaper blades and better ones is the pins - some are mounted on one side like many 3 point implements, the better ones are mounted on both sides - stronger and easier if you use a quick hitch than an 'open ended' pin setup.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Most box blade manufacturers make economy models, to mid and high grade models. The big issue that I've seen with them is how the rippers attach. I prefer the pin on top for the rippers like Lencho's picture.

My homemade one is fairly heavy. But I've done just as good of a job with my dad's light duty one. About the only issue you may run into with weight being a factor, is if your trying to loosen up a really packed road base. Then the weight helps push the rippers into the road to help loosen things up.

If your using it on any other surface, you shouldn't have much of an issue with the rippers digging in using light duty model. :)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA