Box blade for BX2380?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
You want a 48".

Make/model are a matter of preference, heavy/light use, and $$$.

I have a medium duty King Kutter bought used for $300. Works great for me, and I've moved/graded a lot of material with it.

Trick is learning adjustment of top link length to get the desired effect.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Any recommendations on make, model, and size?
RCW hit it on the head......any bigger than 48" you gonna be asking for trouble, and a full load on the BX will still talk to you a bit even with the 48" one.

Make sure you get one with the teeth that can be removed, some on craigslist you'll find DONT have the scarifiers, aka "teeth"

those scarifiers make all the difference in the world!:)

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
It will depend on your use, but I have had great luck with a 1554 from Landpride behind my 25D. No issues pulling a full box of class 5 even slightly up hill. I like the bigger to level a bit better is all.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Dont for get the BX is a SUB compact a great little tractor but they are on the light side. Which means going bigger than 48 you will run out of traction before you run out of power.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I rented a box blade from my dealer a year and a half ago. They ended up sending me home with an 80" box blade. I, not knowing it was too large, used it with my BX2670. It did the job but it was definitely not the right size for my machine. Made it a lot more work for me and the machine.

When I took it back to the dealer the owners soon came out to ask me if my little tractor was able to pull it and I said yes. He was shocked and I was pi$$ed after he told me it was far too big for my machine.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo

48" is the largest you want. I have a Land Pride 48" I bought with my BX2370 and have been very happy with it. Like someone else mentioned there a several good brands out there to chose from. The reason I went with the Land Pride was there was a implement rebate available from Kubota when you packaged it with the tractor purchase. Plus its ORANGE!

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
Do you have the manual for your tractor? If so, implement weights are suggested there. Once you know that you can determine how large of implement you can use. I suspect a 48" is where you will wind up.

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
Do you have the manual for your tractor? If so, implement weights are suggested there. Once you know that you can determine how large of implement you can use. I suspect a 48" is where you will wind up.
I don't have the tractor yet so no manual yet. Still making sure the tractor will do what I need.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Ive been happy with my Landpride BB1248. A little more robust than the BB0548. Also hold more material. I can lose grip when full so 48" should about the biggest you want.

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
I don't have the tractor yet so no manual yet. Still making sure the tractor will do what I need.
The manual for my BX23S states Max Cutting Width of 60" and Max Weight of 375 lbs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you don't have the tractor yet, think about a larger one. The BX is fine for small jobs and I mean small. These would be lawn mowing and snow plowing where you don't have a heck of a lot of land. Bringing in split wood for a fire place, etc. For one thing the fuel system is pretty crude and the fuel pump ain't much.

pgmrdan

Aug 16, 2017
USA
If you don't have the tractor yet, think about a larger one. The BX is fine for small jobs and I mean small. These would be lawn mowing and snow plowing where you don't have a heck of a lot of land. Bringing in split wood for a fire place, etc. For one thing the fuel system is pretty crude and the fuel pump ain't much.
I will still use my Ford 3000 for the heavier stuff. It weighs in at around 3,500 or 3,750 pounds and has agricultural tires. Not good for the lawn.

The Bobcat 751 skid steer is almost 5,000 pounds if I remember correctly and I try to use it only in the hay fields and around the timber.

I have smaller jobs that need a lighter tractor with gentler tires. The BX will be the baby in my arsenal but should do the job.

One nice thing about the Ford is that one of my top links goes from category 2 at the tractor to category 1 at the implement. And for the lift arms I have a set of category 1 balls that I can use in place of the category 2 balls. So the Ford and the Kubota can share the same category 1 implements.

Last edited: