Box blade advice

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Box blade can do the job, but a land plane IS the tool for the job.

Box blade just takes some finesse and readjusting.
I started out with an EA box blade but ended up with an EA land leveler (land plane) as well. As you say, it's the bees knees for gravel driveways.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I'm new to it but I now know that by putting the scarifers down a couple inches it takes out the weeds great, followed by leveling it out. My driveway to my garage was getting out of hand since my shoulder replacement. I've done it like 4 times so far and I just got it late last summer. Even better now that I got the correct top link! Now it's actually waveless.😊

I took measurements of top link when box is level front to back and when it's tilted for rear blade to just drag. Yea I could just eyeball it but it works great at those settings and depending on grade I'm setting on at that time it's just easier.

I just wish the BX had the 3pt settings stops, sometimes I feel like I'm over working the 3pt hydraulics.
Thanks, i did have some success without the scarifers. Thought though of going medium like a rake to churn only not collect. Then pull them up and grade

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Thanks, i did have some success without the scarifers. Thought though of going medium like a rake to churn only not collect. Then pull them up and grade
That's what I did this last time and it worked great!