Bought my 1st Kubota.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know we poke fun at the green and red tractors and its all in fun. I have riden HD for, well a long time and I use to just shake my head at guys saying they would never ride with a jap bike. My self I look at it like this, we are all in the wind, or inthe fields with equipment we like and fits our needs. So take the jokes as a good natured ribbing and welcome to this large, loving,,,, (coff coff ),, and dysfunctional family ;)

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Ya know we poke fun at the green and red tractors and its all in fun. I have riden HD for, well a long time and I use to just shake my head at guys saying they would never ride with a jap bike. My self I look at it like this, we are all in the wind, or inthe fields with equipment we like and fits our needs. So take the jokes as a good natured ribbing and welcome to this large, loving,,,, (coff coff ),, and dysfunctional family ;)
Thanks. Yes we are one big orange dysfunctional family all here for the same reason and to play in the dirt or on the lawn. I'm a jd person, but grew up on red. Color didn't matter much to me at all. Parts, Service, and a deal were though. I respect everyones thoughts, opinions and taste. If you like an option and it works great for you it might not be for the next guy and vis versa. Same with color pros and cons to each of their own. History might be involved, a dealer is close by, great service from a certain dealer or there was a great deal. Again we're all here doing the same thing. I got thinking now though since I'm slowly getting hooked I might need to find a vintage Kubota to fix up for the collection.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Color does effect some folks, but I don't care. I have Chevy, Ford, Dodge vehicles. I have 730 Case, 6260 Deutz, D2 Cat, D4 Cat with Traxcavator loader, L4240 Kubota, GT1860 Kubota diesel, a couple other Kubotas, and mow the yard with a Grasshopper with a Kubota engine.

Then an old Hesston baler, Vicon disc mower and a Stoll rake!

You mentioned earlier 7' rakes are more plentiful in your area. If you find a bargain at that width you can always torch off what you don't need. I did that for a B6100 years ago. Actually had a neighbor do the work. Then about 15 years later I though a longer blade would work for a different tractor. I went to his scrap pile, found the ends and welded them back on! I paid $125 for that 7' blade (because he couldn't find a buyer for a 7 footer).

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Color does effect some folks, but I don't care. I have Chevy, Ford, Dodge vehicles. I have 730 Case, 6260 Deutz, D2 Cat, D4 Cat with Traxcavator loader, L4240 Kubota, GT1860 Kubota diesel, a couple other Kubotas, and mow the yard with a Grasshopper with a Kubota engine.

Then an old Hesston baler, Vicon disc mower and a Stoll rake!

You mentioned earlier 7' rakes are more plentiful in your area. If you find a bargain at that width you can always torch off what you don't need. I did that for a B6100 years ago. Actually had a neighbor do the work. Then about 15 years later I though a longer blade would work for a different tractor. I went to his scrap pile, found the ends and welded them back on! I paid $125 for that 7' blade (because he couldn't find a buyer for a 7 footer).
Nice to see another ag type person on here. I'm a fan of the case 730-1030's and wouldn't mind one to play around with. Grew up on a 970 Case as our main work horse for a long time.
original_baa18952-7ad4-4fe6-a11b-e16d8c2bb6e3_20221029_150651.jpg

An older dozer is on my list too, buy will get me in trouble.

When I was reading your story I thought " I wonder if he kept the ends" well.....lol. I have the 3 year rule at my place. 3 years tripping over it it's gone.....then the next day need it lol.

The prices of 5, 6, 7 ft blades are roughly the same for going used rates. A lot of beat up/bent king kutters out there. I found 2 6 foot danuser blades with the Handel on at auction. Look really heavy duty, but I feel like I'll be fighting collectors for them.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
You should post a video on YouTube that shows your technique. From the videos I've watched, nobody can do it in 2 minutes or less. They must be missing something. ;)

Seriously though, you have to go underneath to connect it, right?
OK, I've accepted the challenge. I'd intended to do it twice - once as a slower walkthrough with talking, then again to see just how fast I can do it really. But it started raining before I got to the second bit.

But the slower walkthrough with talking and camera fussing was 1:15 for off, 2:15 for on.

I said if I ignored the ramps and just drove over the deck (which I sometimes do) that I'd get to 1 minute and 2 minutes respectively. I did do the ramps both ways on this, and that was at least 15 seconds each way.....so although I didn't actually do the speed run, I reckon that this validates my numbers - without rushing I did it in the claimed times, if I exclude ramp time.

I also showed a bit of how I'm lining up the deck, and how I avoid having to get down on the ground or lift/horse the deck around at all.

It really isn't that hard to do this, but there is a little technique in it that I've learned over the couple of years I've owned the machine, so hopefully that is also useful for someone.

I do think the LX machines will be a bit different in the attach/detach, because they're floating decks rather than hanging from the machine. That may mean you don't need to set the deck height to zero to take it on and off easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
You and anyone else are always welcomed over if you're in the neighborhood. It's always great to put a face to a name. There's always something going on at my place. I'm on the weekend freedom machines forum for classic jd garden tractors. One of these years the " locals" plan on coming over for a plow day/tractor show/cook out/fireworks type day. Maybe us orange guys can do something like that too.......I'm not sure on the same day though. I don't want any knife fights or dancing like west side story or tractor chicken like on footloose going on lol.
I love JD too.
I can't imagine any knife fights. Only wars and broken love goes there. But it is getting to be a crazy world.

Playing tractor chicken, nah. Us K guys would lose because we care too much for our Kubota's. It would be: "Do ya know how much I paid for this tractor!! Geez, don't cha know! That's like ice fishin' without an auger. Brats without beer. Or missing a Packer game! No. I' ll be out all night tippin' cows before I go there!"

Dancing like west side story, only if that's a JD thing. Which I doubt. But that was hilarious!!

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I am also color blind....cough...cough.......(As long as it says Kubota, Yamaha or Cummins on the side) 🍺

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
OK, I've accepted the challenge. I'd intended to do it twice - once as a slower walkthrough with talking, then again to see just how fast I can do it really. But it started raining before I got to the second bit.

But the slower walkthrough with talking and camera fussing was 1:15 for off, 2:15 for on.

I said if I ignored the ramps and just drove over the deck (which I sometimes do) that I'd get to 1 minute and 2 minutes respectively. I did do the ramps both ways on this, and that was at least 15 seconds each way.....so although I didn't actually do the speed run, I reckon that this validates my numbers - without rushing I did it in the claimed times, if I exclude ramp time.

I also showed a bit of how I'm lining up the deck, and how I avoid having to get down on the ground or lift/horse the deck around at all.

It really isn't that hard to do this, but there is a little technique in it that I've learned over the couple of years I've owned the machine, so hopefully that is also useful for someone.

I do think the LX machines will be a bit different in the attach/detach, because they're floating decks rather than hanging from the machine. That may mean you don't need to set the deck height to zero to take it on and off easily.
I never timed myself, because I'm never in a race, but I love that drive over deck on my B2620. I would never buy a mm mower that is not a drive over. Hardest part about taking it on and off is reaching underneath to slide the PTO shaft on.
Which I don't mind....I wouldn't want the auto connect setup Deere has. I have read too many complaints of them not working if they are not set up perfectly.

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
I never stopped riding motorcycles. Motorcycles and surfing... are my 2 loves.
I quit surfing because the pollution in the water. I'll quit Riding moto's when I can't throw my leg over
Good for you Sir. Glad to see you got back on after your accident. Been riding on and off for 50 years and still going at 65 albeit a little slower. No more triple digits...ok, maybe just once in a while!

Reactions: 1 users

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
When I asked my doctor if I was going to survive... He didn't answer!! That was a moment I'll never forget.

You will get through this. Someday, like it is for me now... it will be like it never happened.

You can drive your JD's and new Kubota. Love your wife and family and move onward.

God Bless. I'm so glad to hear of tragic situations that turned out well.

Chin up. Few understand like those who lived it.

I got 2 helicopter rides myself. I only remember looking at the ceiling of one of the helicopters, and then the glorious Morphine kicked in.

It gets better. Way better. Never give up.
The whole time I was shaking very bad, I'm sure adrenaline but it was also a cooler fall morning. What was left of my clothes were cut off so I was cold. I wanted to fall asleep but was kind of afraid to. I remember 2 star wars looking suit guys coming into the room and carry me off and my wife asking if she would ride with me or have to drive. I recall the guys putting me in a big marshmellow type sleeping bag and feeling relaxed and comfortable. This was my 1st flying experience and wanted to remember it. I was afraid I was going to roll out and fall from the sky but thought " I just survived getting ran over what are the odds of falling out" at one point the medic gave me a thumbs up and thumbs down and I gave him a thumbs up. When we landed I recall going down a bright hallway. I was getting kind of scared because it was getting brighter and brighter. I closed my eyes to rest them and then woke up 3 hours later to beeping machines and my wife sitting next to me.