Bought my 1st Kubota.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Thank you I'm eager to get the tractor and get some nice shots of her.

As of right now on paper the loader will be off most of the summer but in a pinch with non serious work the deck would probably stay on. Fall and winter would be the more serious loader work times.

Thanks for the advice on the brush hog. That is my fear buying used. Sticking just as much in a gear box as the mower itself.
Yup, the OEM gear box is pretty spendy. Which is why I went with the knock off, knowing it won’t last but a few years (got about 12 years out of the stock gear box). The deck itself is getting a bit rough too. I figure when this gear box goes, I’ll get another new LP unit and cry about the $3 or 4k or so then (more like $5 or 6k the way inflation is).

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
2. Mower on and off, about the same. I can take it off in almost no time (less than a minute), especially if I don't bother to use the little ramps they provide that don't seem necessary. On again is perhaps 2 minutes.
You should post a video on YouTube that shows your technique. From the videos I've watched, nobody can do it in 2 minutes or less. They must be missing something. ;)

Seriously though, you have to go underneath to connect it, right?

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Further thoughts, just because.

1. FEL on and off on my B2601 is under a minute for me now. I was in a hurry to do it just a couple days ago before the rain - loader on, move some dirt, loader off, mow the lawn, go out for dinner. It's really no chore at all, especially if you have a little space around your tractor (my biggest issue is squeezing up the right hand side to disconnect the hoses - my shed is small.

2. Mower on and off, about the same. I can take it off in almost no time (less than a minute), especially if I don't bother to use the little ramps they provide that don't seem necessary. On again is perhaps 2 minutes.

3. I am a believer in taking the loader off to mow - it makes mowing far more pleasant. The tractor pitches a lot with the loader weight, and it's quite a bit of weight on the front wheels - chews up the lawn more. But more than anything, because I mow around the house. I've learned the hard way that if the loader bumps into anything at all, that thing is broken. Better safe than sorry, it takes half a day to patch the render on the side of the house. Similarly for mower when doing loader work. If I'm just doing a bit, it's fine with it on. But if I'm doing more than 10 minutes, better with the mower off. More clearance, and get into narrower spaces.

4. I can easily use my 3pt with the mower on. I just set the mower height setting to "top", and that pretty much pins it up. It's not quite the same as using the pins to pin it all the way up, but it's close. I often do that when I'm putting the boat in, I don't like dragging the mower in the water too much (if it's all the way down), but I use a 3pt mounted tow hitch so I can lift the front wheels of the boat trailer - avoid scuffing the concrete or the grass too much.
Thanks for the info. It really boosts my confidence on switching attachments around. It'd be on concrete in a roomy shed. Again I guess it all depends on personal preference. No right or wrong for mmm or rear.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
You should post a video on YouTube that shows your technique. From the videos I've watched, nobody can do it in 2 minutes or less. They must be missing something. ;)

Growing up on the farm we had an older Mc flail mower and brush hog. They were pretty well worn when we bought them. Got 15 years use out of them, a family friend got them ,used them for another 10 until the gear boxes went out. Figured anything new probably won't last like that now.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ

Yeah, I'm tempted to. I get this question a lot, and it's not that hard. I used to have to bang the pins out of my bucket to swap for the forks - that was genuinely 15 minutes and lots of cursing. Mower decks and front end loader are child's play by comparison. It's raining this week and I'm not doing it in the rain. But when the rain stops I may.

No, I don't need to get under the tractor at all. The BX was so low there was no way to connect the PTO shaft without lying on the ground. With the B it's quite a bit taller, I can do it with just bending over / on one knee. One hand on the PTO shaft connector, one on the shaft itself. Rotate it a bit until it slots in.

Everything else, not under the tractor at all. Bend over yes, and when my back's sore that's not ideal. But that's no different than putting on a 3pt implement, plenty of bending and horsing around there too.

It's definitely quicker than putting my chipper on the 3pt is.

Reactions: 1 user

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I ride and was curious if you plan on riding again???
I never stopped riding motorcycles. Motorcycles and surfing... are my 2 loves.
I quit surfing because the pollution in the water. I'll quit Riding moto's when I can't throw my leg over

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
The dealer called this afternoon and told us the tractor is ready and wanted us to come look at it tonight.
20230502_163838.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
That's very shiny. Hopefully it won't stay that way. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

John RHR

Equipment
L 245 DT (emeritus) L3902
Oct 11, 2013
Lake County, Calif
Hello,

My name is Tony. A little background on myself. I grew up on small WI dairy farm. I met my wife and we bought a 7 acre hobby farm that we've currently been living on for 3 years now.
View attachment 101414

We grow decorative corn, pumpkins, and haybales we sell along the road in the fall.
View attachment 101415
I also grow corn, soybeans, and sunflowers for food plots.
View attachment 101416
View attachment 101417
View attachment 101419
My dad and I collect and restore vintage John Deere tractors. These are mostly for leisure but do see some work around the average.
View attachment 101420
Our main tool is an arctic cat 700 tbx at. It would till the garden with a mini disc, plow snow, and is our " go for" vehicle running around.
View attachment 101421
I'm a foreman at tree and lawn care company and have access to dump trucks, skidloaders, and backhoes, to fill in the gap of anything we might need.

Unfortunately going on 2 years now when I was on a jobs site in conned off area, wearing a safety vest standing next to a skidloader trailer unchaining the loader a 16 year old wasn't paying attention, drove through the cones, up onto the trailer and came off running me over when I was jumping out of the way. I've spent 2 weeks in a trauma center and on surgery #3 now. I have some hardware in my right leg and limitations with it. Friends, family and neighbors really helped out around the property but a lot of responsibility has been put on my wife. Once I'm considered closed to being healed I'm looking at a different carreer that my body can handle better which means no access to equipment.

My wife decided it was time to look at tractors to make things easier for us. I wanted a bigger lawn mower and some sort of classic full size farm tractor with a loader to plow snow. She wanted an all purpose tractor for mowing, loader work, and tilling, something that was dependable and she was comfortable driving. So we decided on a compact. Kubota, John Deere and New Holland are all with in 10 minutes of our place. As you can tell from my collection I'm a JD guy so that was my 1st choice. The wife liked the 1025rs but I knew it was too small for our needs the bucket wasn't much bigger than a wheel barrel. I likes the 3033rs, but looked at a New Holland 30 and a few Kubotas. The wife really liked the Kubotas. A lx2610 caught our eye. I liked the 3310 but emissions and an extra 6k for 6 hp turned me away. We talked to a sales guy, we were able to get the tractor, a loader with 60 inch bucket, a 60 inch deck, quick hitch, and tiller for what just a base John Deere or New Holland would be plus 800 off the attachment combo and another 250 off for coming in during their demo days. We didn't get the tractor yet they need to find a mower deck yet.
View attachment 101422
The sales guy gave us a couple of hats, shirts, water bottle and 2 6 packs.
View attachment 101423
At the moment I'm checking out auctions for brush hogs, and rear blades.

We're really eager to put this tractor to use and see what it can all do for us. Hopefully this summer I'll be getting close to normal again, back to work, and be able to play around on this.....if the wife decides to share it.
Sorry to hear of your troubles! But you've been blessed with a nice piece of land and you've got a great tractor! Good on you!

John Moorhead
Lakeport CA

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
That's very shiny. Hopefully it won't stay that way. :)
My JD's have that issue. Hardly ever seem shiny. I try to take care of my stuff and it gets blown off and rinsed off after each use.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Wow, hope you heal up to a full recovery. Being a 37 year trucker in the construction industry, I feel for you. I know what's it's all about with these bad drivers. And another reason I hate every new vehicle have a computer and television in the dash.

Nice looking place and stuff you got there. And with your choice of the new Kubota, you, like me are another example of not needing a 60 plus h.p. tractor to do real work on acreage.

Enjoy the new ride.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Wow, hope you heal up to a full recovery. Being a 37 year trucker in the construction industry, I feel for you. I know what's it's all about with these bad drivers. And another reason I hate every new vehicle have a computer and television in the dash.

Nice looking place and stuff you got there. And with your choice of the new Kubota, you, like me are another example of not needing a 60 plus h.p. tractor to do real work on acreage.

Enjoy the new ride.
Thank. C.Y.A is all I have to say about unloading equipment on the street. Cones, Cones, Cones! and either a yellow shirt, jacket, or vest. I wasn't even landed yet and what was left of my phone was ringing. The kids insurance left a voice-mail and 1st thing they said was it wasn't their drivers fault and they wanted to know if I had cones out and a vest...........anything to make it look like it was my fault. I knew I needed an attorney right there and then. The investigation showed 8 cones that were property tampered ran over, 4 in which were stick under the vehicle yet and pictures of pierces of my tattered safety yellow shirt burned and ripped in the street didn't paint a pretty picture for anyone but especially the insurance denying any fault. Which they have no problem taking your payments but when it's time to payout it's a different story. Be safe out there man, cones aren't concrete barriers but they are good evidence and safety precautions.

I agree there's too many bells and whistles in new vehicles and some of them give drivers false confidence of having control.....what happens if one of these features fails?

In our state during covid new drivers didn't have to take a behind the wheel test. The parents watched this kid go around the block signed off. Another factor that doesn't hold up well for insurance.

My better days I know we were all 16 once and had the world by the tail and know this was accident but timing for everyone. My bad days I also know I did everything right to keep myself safe and that the kid should've been focused more no excuses. What's sad is too. I was a landscape foreman and got pulled off that to run equipment because the company was short staffed and didn't push guys to learn stick, air breaks or to get a cdl. Again though everything happens for a reason and all part of a plan.

I really think this new tractor will work out great for our acreage. I'd love a 4020, 4440, or an agriking but like you said don't need a high hp tractor.

Thomas Talbot

Equipment
M5-111, lx 2610, l6060 , hla 3000m7040 sold , B2680 sold , bx2360 sold
May 2, 2023
Nova Scotia
Hello,

My name is Tony. A little background on myself. I grew up on small WI dairy farm. I met my wife and we bought a 7 acre hobby farm that we've currently been living on for 3 years now.
View attachment 101414

We grow decorative corn, pumpkins, and haybales we sell along the road in the fall.
View attachment 101415
I also grow corn, soybeans, and sunflowers for food plots.
View attachment 101416
View attachment 101417
View attachment 101419
My dad and I collect and restore vintage John Deere tractors. These are mostly for leisure but do see some work around the average.
View attachment 101420
Our main tool is an arctic cat 700 tbx at. It would till the garden with a mini disc, plow snow, and is our " go for" vehicle running around.
View attachment 101421
I'm a foreman at tree and lawn care company and have access to dump trucks, skidloaders, and backhoes, to fill in the gap of anything we might need.

Unfortunately going on 2 years now when I was on a jobs site in conned off area, wearing a safety vest standing next to a skidloader trailer unchaining the loader a 16 year old wasn't paying attention, drove through the cones, up onto the trailer and came off running me over when I was jumping out of the way. I've spent 2 weeks in a trauma center and on surgery #3 now. I have some hardware in my right leg and limitations with it. Friends, family and neighbors really helped out around the property but a lot of responsibility has been put on my wife. Once I'm considered closed to being healed I'm looking at a different carreer that my body can handle better which means no access to equipment.

My wife decided it was time to look at tractors to make things easier for us. I wanted a bigger lawn mower and some sort of classic full size farm tractor with a loader to plow snow. She wanted an all purpose tractor for mowing, loader work, and tilling, something that was dependable and she was comfortable driving. So we decided on a compact. Kubota, John Deere and New Holland are all with in 10 minutes of our place. As you can tell from my collection I'm a JD guy so that was my 1st choice. The wife liked the 1025rs but I knew it was too small for our needs the bucket wasn't much bigger than a wheel barrel. I likes the 3033rs, but looked at a New Holland 30 and a few Kubotas. The wife really liked the Kubotas. A lx2610 caught our eye. I liked the 3310 but emissions and an extra 6k for 6 hp turned me away. We talked to a sales guy, we were able to get the tractor, a loader with 60 inch bucket, a 60 inch deck, quick hitch, and tiller for what just a base John Deere or New Holland would be plus 800 off the attachment combo and another 250 off for coming in during their demo days. We didn't get the tractor yet they need to find a mower deck yet.
View attachment 101422
The sales guy gave us a couple of hats, shirts, water bottle and 2 6 packs.
View attachment 101423
At the moment I'm checking out auctions for brush hogs, and rear blades.

We're really eager to put this tractor to use and see what it can all do for us. Hopefully this summer I'll be getting close to normal again, back to work, and be able to play around on this.....if the wife decides to share it.
Congrats on the lx 2610 ….I have owned a few tractors a the lx261” maybe my favourite of all . Nimble ! versatile . Seeder, tiller, Plowing , a 2610 and a grapple with a chipper on back is an awesome combo for property maintenance . Also I use it wit a 84 “ box blade and do all drive way maintenance . so quick .

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Congrats on the lx 2610 ….I have owned a few tractors a the lx261” maybe my favourite of all . Nimble ! versatile . Seeder, tiller, Plowing , a 2610 and a grapple with a chipper on back is an awesome combo for property maintenance . Also I use it wit a 84 “ box blade and do all drive way maintenance . so quick .
Thanks. Yes the 2610 seemed to fit right for our tasks, big enough to be a work horse but small enough to mow the lawn.

Does it handle the 7 foot box blade alright? I'm looking for a rear back blade. Seen guys use 5 footers but can't cover their tracks, I was looking at 6 footers, but there's a ton of 7 footers for sale in my area. It'd be mostly for snow.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
I think with most implements you can go up a size if you're just realistic on what you can do. Run slower, or take smaller bites.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I think with most implements you can go up a size if you're just realistic on what you can do. Run slower, or take smaller bites.
Thanks. I agree. I have a 60 inch blade on my atv. Most snow falls not challange doing a full swipe. In 2x4 Every so often if it's a wet snow 4x4 is needed, then the real bad snow storms, 4x4 lock, low gear, and half blade swipes are necessary.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Welcome to OTT and happy to see another Wisconsinite join the ranks of Kubota owners! I am located in Waupaca county (home) and Waushara county (land) in the central sands region.

Congrats on the tractor and implement purchase. I am confident it will perform beyond your expectations as my B7100hst and L2501hst have for me.

I suffered complete destruction of my spinal cord at the T12 level in 1979 which left me completely paralyzed from the hips down. I have led a great life, productive life, business, family, friends etc. The only reason I am bringing this up is that after reading a few of the comments folks should understand that after suffering a catastrophic injury that life is not necessarily over. When I was in rehab I met young kids around my age at the time , 22, that had broken necks at high levels that left them completely paralyzed, legs and arms/hands. I still have contact with a few of them after 45 some odd years later and many have gone on to achieve the same or better quality of life as I.

I know you and others do not need a pep talk or lecture and from your writings you will , with time and the support of your family/friends and God , find your way back to doing a job you love!

Enjoy that new tractor when it shows up! :)

God Bless you man!!

My place is in Burnett County. I'm still traveling a lot but when I finally stop the rat race and settle down in my WI forest, I'll be looking you localish Kubota contacts up. I'll Private Message you in here in a year or so.

It will be a pleasure to meet you.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
God Bless you man!!

My place is in Burnett County. I'm still traveling a lot but when I finally stop the rat race and settle down in my WI forest, I'll be looking you localish Kubota contacts up. I'll Private Message you in here in a year or so.

It will be a pleasure to meet you.
You and anyone else are always welcomed over if you're in the neighborhood. It's always great to put a face to a name. There's always something going on at my place. I'm on the weekend freedom machines forum for classic jd garden tractors. One of these years the " locals" plan on coming over for a plow day/tractor show/cook out/fireworks type day. Maybe us orange guys can do something like that too.......I'm not sure on the same day though. I don't want any knife fights or dancing like west side story or tractor chicken like on footloose going on lol.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Thanks for the feed back. I really enjoy running/playing around with my John deere b. It's about 17hp. I'm hoping I could find a mower for that. No three point on those though so it'd have to be a pull behind.
There is kits available to add 3 point hitch onto a John Deere B.

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
There is kits available to add 3 point hitch onto a John Deere B.
Thanks. I've been looking at kits and debating on them since I owned the b. There's an 800.00 and 400.00 kit. The 800.00 kit is more heavier duty. The biggest issue I've read is. Horror stories of brush hogs grenading the gear box. The 17hp 80 year old tractor is doing 2 things it wasn't designed to do. Also no live pto or 3 point. For what I'd put into a 3 point I could find a pull behind mower if I look really hard. Still a cool idea and could add back blade to that to play around. Many options. Thanks for the link and ideas.