Bought a BX!

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Corney Im pretty sure bear as a standalone propane tank for his stand alone generator.
I do, 500# tank, full would be 400#. I figure it would run 10 days solid for the 22k gen set.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
And congrats bigworm, nice choice.
Put all those implements on dollies with a rear quick hitch setup, life will be easier.
There are more attachments to consider, piranha toothbar, wheel spacers, better skid plate are just a few.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
How long will that genset run on 20lbs of propane with nominal draw?

We do have a large propane tank in place. We opted for a smaller gen set, its 14KW. Even though we have forced heat and A/C, satellite, big screene TV's, internet, we'll pump, we don't run everything at once. I opted to install a manual transfer switch to the breaker panel also. If power is out for an extended period, I can shut down the big generator, and plug in my little Honda on low, keep the refrigerator and Internet working so I can still view OTT, haha. The Honda will run 10 hours on 1 gallon of gas. I would need to fire up the larger genny to run and fill the well/ water system.
The main Idea is to be prepared. Have options at the ready, expect the worse, and when it's not that bad, be happy you were well prepared! I'm sitting in my living room in front of the wood stove enjoying free heat( using no power ( except the Internet on my phone)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I'm sitting in my living room in front of the wood stove enjoying free heat( using no power ( except the Internet on my phone)
Maybe you could put a boiler on the woodstove and pipe it to a steam turbine to power a generator and charge the phone? :D

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
There used to be a company (maybe there still is) that made little thermocouple powered fans that you'd sit on your woodstove.

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
They do make little portable solar panels that have a battery stick and USB port to keep your devices charged. They even make a backpack portable unit, with a little LED light that charges as you hike.

boz1989

Equipment
B2910 fel 60 mmm, Land Pride rb1572
Jun 10, 2015
Portland, MI
They make a pot that you could put on your stove that will charge your phone while you make coffee.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk