BORA wheel spacers

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I would like to see a chart of the max tip angle of the tractor vs 1", 2", & 3" spacers.
Also, they seem high priced. I think someone with a lathe could fabricate them for cheaper.
Static tip angle means little in the real world except for comparison purposes, in my view. Too many dynamic variables.

Bottom line is that adding wheel spacers can only increase side slope stability.

There is a valid argument that spacers add stress to tractor components. But rarely, if ever, do we hear of issues related to the installation of wheel spacers.

As TheOldHokie said, sometimes it just makes sense to buy something you could make yourself. Yes, they certainly are not cheap, but options are limited for larger tractors.

Now for a BX, I got a set of 2 inch wheel spacers for under $60 delivered, that were well made. Imported of course, but they work perfectly. No luck finding something similar for my B2910 though...

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
As popular as the B series is one would think finding them wouldnt be a problem

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
As popular as the B series is one would think finding them wouldnt be a problem
The BX uses lug centric wheel positioning so the hole size in the spacer is not critical. Easier to find an automotive product that will work, as you only need to know the number of holes and the circle diameter. And the minimum size hole for the center, as a bit larger will be OK.

With a B series, like my B2910, the wheels are hub centric, so you need three things to be exact, the third being the hole with a recess for the hub protrusion to fit into. Much harder to find an automotive item that will work when you add the third variable.

Finding CHEAP well made spacers is difficult. Finding wheel spacers is easy at greater cost, from Brotek(sp?), Bora or maybe elsewhere.

JOHNBOY969

Equipment
L3800
May 5, 2021
NY
The scene I see in the video is not inspiring to me. You remove a wheel with six fastening surfaces to the factory hub. Install a spacer held to the old hub with two fastening surfaces, then attach the wheel. The 3" spacer now places more stress to the hub by extended torsion. Think about this.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The scene I see in the video is not inspiring to me. You remove a wheel with six fastening surfaces to the factory hub. Install a spacer held to the old hub with two fastening surfaces, then attach the wheel. The 3" spacer now places more stress to the hub by extended torsion. Think about this.
I don't know what video you watched or how complete it is. Generally the spacer is secured to the hub with the 6 OEM fasteners - two studs and 4 cap screws.. The wheel is then attached to the spacer with the six new studs. Kubota spacers use six longer replacement fasteners and simply sandwich the spacer between the hub and wheel.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

jav1948

Equipment
Kubota Bx2680
May 22, 2022
Hey angrymatt. I see you purchased 2" wheelspacers for your bx2680 because it was the max with a 60" mmm. I am measuring almost 3" between tire & mower deck with mower in highest position. Do you think i can use 2 1/2" spacers. I want to get all i can because of my sidehill mowing. I feel really tipsy.

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I just recently put 2.5" Bora spacers on my lx. I got the aluminum ones and they were $328 total. Installation was fairly simple and they supply all necessary hardware. Additionally, they mount using the existing wheel studs. They have made a big difference. I ordered directly from Bora.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I just recently put 2.5" Bora spacers on my lx. I got the aluminum ones and they were $328 total. Installation was fairly simple and they supply all necessary hardware. Additionally, they mount using the existing wheel studs. They have made a big difference. I ordered directly from Bora.
I'm just about to order the 2" spacers from Bora.

But I don't know if I should get the steel or aluminum spacers. The steel ones are more expensive, and more expensive to ship. But as much weight that I can get down low seems like a good thing as my LX2610 is a cab model and there are side sloped and off-camber trails on my property.

Steel vs Aluminum...

RMS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
I'm just about to order the 2" spacers from Bora.

But I don't know if I should get the steel or aluminum spacers. The steel ones are more expensive, and more expensive to ship. But as much weight that I can get down low seems like a good thing as my LX2610 is a cab model and there are side sloped and off-camber trails on my property.

Steel vs Aluminum...
I didn't think the added weight from the steel was going to do much and I did't want to worry about having to paint them before I installed and then the inevitable touch-up after using them. I also have the cab model and they have made a huge difference. I went with the 2.5" and the rear tires just fit within my bucket width by less than an inch.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I didn't think the added weight from the steel was going to do much and I did't want to worry about having to paint them before I installed and then the inevitable touch-up after using them. I also have the cab model and they have made a huge difference. I went with the 2.5" and the rear tires just fit within my bucket width by less than an inch.
That's great information. I ordered the steel Bora late last night after some tire-width to bucket-width calculations last night. I ordered the 2 1/2 as well.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I've been trying to order the Bro-tek spacers but their site has been saying "out of stock" for a few months now. Anyone know what's going on there? I may just go with the Bora's instead.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I've been trying to order the Bro-tek spacers but their site has been saying "out of stock" for a few months now. Anyone know what's going on there? I may just go with the Bora's instead.
Did you email him he gets back to you right away. I used them on my B2601 they are top notch spacers.

RMS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
That's great information. I ordered the steel Bora late last night after some tire-width to bucket-width calculations last night. I ordered the 2 1/2 as well.
Good deal, I'm sure you will like them. When install time comes, remember that the supplied hardware is used to bolt the spacers to the tractor hubs (pay attention to the tapered bolts and nuts that fit the tapers in the spacers). The existing nuts/bolts are flat and are used to mount the wheels to the spacers. I mention this because I was heading down the wrong path and when looking for a socket to fit what I thought was correct the parts person corrected me.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
As far as I could tell, the Bora website doesn't specify if the item your viewing or buying is in stock or not. Unless I missed it.

Somewhere on their website it says something about 6 to 8 week lead time.

I didn't call to inquire.

RMS

Equipment
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
As far as I could tell, the Bora website doesn't specify if the item your viewing or buying is in stock or not. Unless I missed it.

Somewhere on their website it says something about 6 to 8 week lead time.

I didn't call to inquire.
They are made to order, it took just about 8 weeks to get mine.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Did you email him he gets back to you right away. I used them on my B2601 they are top notch spacers.
He responded pretty quickly and said they were in stock. I went back to the Bro-tek site and it had been updated and I was able to order. Thanks for the heads up, the email approach solved it.

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
He responded pretty quickly and said they were in stock. I went back to the Bro-tek site and it had been updated and I was able to order. Thanks for the heads up, the email approach solved it.
You will be happy with them he makes awesome spacers.

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
You will be happy with them he makes awesome spacers.
I'm already happy, just from the customer service alone. I already have my receipt, order confirmation, and a tracker sent from ups. The only thing I dread is messing with those filled tires ;)

Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'm already happy, just from the customer service alone. I already have my receipt, order confirmation, and a tracker sent from ups. The only thing I dread is messing with those filled tires ;)
You guys are awful. I just placed an order with bro-tek as well. :)

Reactions: 2 users