BN F2690 with DPF and wheel weights

steuny

Equipment
F2690
Jul 30, 2013
Langton, ontario ,Canada
So I just had my new mower delivered. StartEd reading the manual and the first topic is the DPF. Sounds scary and quite confusing right now. Please tell me it’s no big deal. From the initial read it sounds like I‘Ll be doing nothing but keeping an eye on it and worry when it goes into regeneration. Never mentions how many hours running time between regeneration . The big question in my mind is why did the dealer added front 50 Lb weights to it. Should these not be on the back to counter implement weight. The guy delivering it says was to aid the heavy mower. Not making sense.

Attachments

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
2690 shouldn’t have a DPF, unless something has changed since we got our two a few years ago. No idea on the wheel weights, ours don’t have them. But we do have a large counter weight on the rear.

steuny

Equipment
F2690
Jul 30, 2013
Langton, ontario ,Canada
I have my manual and the first 15 pages refer to it. I looked at the dash after your comment and see there is a bunch of buttons missing to enable the system as described in the manual. I guess maybe it doesn’t. Kind of stupid to refer to it in such detail and then have it not equipped. Im thrilled as it seemed pretty confusing. Thanks.

Attachments

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I have my manual and the first 15 pages refer to it. I looked at the dash after your comment and see there is a bunch of buttons missing to enable the system as described in the manual. I guess maybe it doesn’t. Kind of stupid to refer to it in such detail and then have it not equipped. Im thrilled as it seemed pretty confusing. Thanks.
Good deal. What’s the rear of machine look like? Post a pic if you can. The counter weight will look like a step bumper. If yours doesn’t have one, I’d be in contact with your dealer, as the rear of machine will lift, if deck is up and a quick direction change is done.
Best picture I have at the moment.
IMG_0824.jpeg

Last edited:

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Yes, I have one of those for sure. Can’t understand the weights on the front wheels other than making deeper ruts on my lawn .
That’s good. No idea about the weights either. If they are on your receipt, I’d have them removed and refunded. We have 4 F mowers, and none of them have had wheel weights.

Also, you have a hell of a mower. They are almost indestructible! And will go just about anywhere.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Front tire wheel weights help with traction, they do not help balance a heavier deck!
Only the rear weight can do that.

The manual is probably meant for mutiple models.
There is no Emissions on that unit.