blower/blade usage

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Just a tip, I've never felt the need to put pvc on the blade for protecting the lawn. I do a small section of yard and just use the rear blade in reverse. The curved angle of the cutting edge when used in reverse is similar to the curve of the pvc. It leaves a 1/2" of packed snow and just rolls over any imperfections in the surface without sheering them off.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Thanks Southernfarm, I do love my property. In the family for just over 25 years now. I hope to keep it that way.

You're right eipo, I'll just reseed come spring.

Could be BAP, I'll have to compare the curvature to my atv plow when I get the time, right now its in a storage shed up in the woods.

Here's a front shot. I don't have any sides shots atm. What do you think?

Still a nice setup to have. The best of both on the front quick attach. It's fun owning a tractor once all the kinks are worked out.
I use a grader to plow haul roads at work. With the ability to change the pitch of the blade I can adjust accordingly for speed, depth and weight of the snow. The best all around position is with the cutting edge perpendicular to the ground if not slightly forward. This brings the top of the blade close to the ground which gives the best all around throwing action. Under the right conditions I can wing snow 20' off the sides of the road.

With my 2650 I don't have the ability to roll the blade as much so I have to compensate with speed.

The blade on the front of your tractor is best suited for pushing snow, not rolling. If it were a little wider you could get some rolling action but since it isn't, you end up dropping snow off the sides and then driving over it and in turn losing some traction.

Does it angle manually or hydraulically?

sent from a field

Semma

Equipment
bx2670, FEL, bx5455hd snowblower, 60 inch mower, soft cab, landpride fsp500
Jan 3, 2015
Shirley, MA, US
Asgard has it right. I added paddles to my impeller and no choke ups. You can use a bailer belt or cut up a mud flap. Also, spray everything down with dry graphite lube or pfte (teflon) spray. You'll be able to snowblow water!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
eipo, its hydraulic
Perfect...

Next time you are using the blade, practice running the same speed but setting the blade angle at different positions. Fully articulated one side or the other isn't always the best position. It lets the snow slide along the blade and off the side rather than getting it moving up the blade and rolling off the top.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
I use my front snowblower with a pipe on the cutting edge along with the
factory shoes to keep it from gouging in and skinning up the yard. I use a 5 foot
box blade with a pipe attached between the front and rear blades to again be
able to move snow without gouging the yard up.

I bought a piece of flat stock the same size at the snowblower cutting edge
then welded a piece of 3/4 black iron pipe to the edge. On the box blade I used a piece of 2 inch pipe and welded the "ears" brackets on the ends and drilled a
hole thru the bracket and box blade size using a 3/8 bolt to hold it on. I have
the blade adjusted forward so that it holds it not quite a 1/4 inch off the surface to start the winter with then using the top link adjust it more forward once I have some build up like Grouse suggested he does that cleans it down good once that layer is built up that protects the lawn from getting gouged up. Works really slick for me as I use the box blade to pull the snow away from the front of the garage etc then get behind it blowing it where I want it to go. I use the box blade when backing up if I simply want to push a bank back or when we get that wet packy snow that has a tendency to plug up the blower for moving the snow. I do my driveway a side driveway that's 16x125 along the house where the propane tank is and clear at least that much out back to keep it open for the dogs to do their business and to be able to access the car hauling trailer and get to some of my various parts collections.

I plowed with a 4x4 truck my Power King Economy Tractor with back blade
and front blower and my quad with a blade. The last thing I would want to
be plowing snow with is a front end loader...well maybe if I had a pusher box
attachment instead of a regular bucket.

The pipe set up I'm using is very affordable and even if you don't have a welder etc not very expensive to pay someone to do the welding that needs
to be done. That shop might even have the scrap pieces needed for the ears
on the box blade pipe and may have the flat stock needed for the snowblower
cutting edge. I used the original holes to attach mine just had to drill the flat
stock to match them up.
Al

Attachments

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I get it eipo, thanks. I'll give it a shot next time I'm out.

Thanks for the info tiredguy