Bleeding injectors air bubbles

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Are these bubbles coming from bleeding the injectors or created as it bleeding. Can’t get it to start. Bled for quite a while.
Did you do as was recommended on Sunday?

Throttle wide open,

If two of three cylinders have no air at injectors engine should start and run on two cylinders while the third is bled.

Use glow plugs and try and get the engine running on two cylinders.

If it wont start then there are other issues.

Dave

BCRWL

Equipment
B7100 with D-19 FE Loader / year 1978ish
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca
Throttle wide open and not overheat starter done. Little Black smoke comes out of exhaust so think it’s burning something

project_x

Mar 6, 2010
Ottawa
I have several Kubotas...and one time or another I have had to do this.... the last time was after fixing the steering box on my L225 (which required fuel tank removal.

It still had fuel in the filter and beyond, but clearly air in the from the tank to the filter. It took much longer than i have other times....but I knew everything was just fine when i removed the tank...so followed those instructions and put in the time....it finallly caught.

Stay at it

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Is there a air blender valve at the injection pump where the fuel line goes into it? I can’t recall why you had to bleed it so don’t know if there is air in the lines to the filter and pump. But if there is a valve at the injection pump then open it to let air escape out of the lines if any is there. Then bled the injectors.

I do not think you can suck air back into the lines and your pictures look like normal bleeding to me.

Also use the decompression knob if you have one, it takes load off the starter, spins faster and bleeds the lines faster since it pumps more fuel.

I recall having better luck doing one injector at a time but I only have two.

BCRWL

Equipment
B7100 with D-19 FE Loader / year 1978ish
May 19, 2020
Galt Ca
Well kept cranking and hit it started. Ran very smooth just a little smoky. More questions later I’m sure.