Blades for Kubota Z231 KW-42

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
First a little update, I recently sold my LP 60" finish mower and replaced it with a LP 84" finish mower. My brother may buy my JD X320 garden tractor with a 48" deck (if I decide to sell it, still trying to decide). I bought a Kubota Z231 KW-42 zero turn for trimming around trees and where the L4701 and 84" mower cannot go. The zero turn makes it much faster doing the trim work than the JD.

But, the blades on the Kubota must be maximum lift, maybe for bagging? After using the mower for 1.5 hours Friday, I looked like pigpen from the old Charlie Brown comic strip. I literally left a ring of dust on the concrete after brushing off. Granted we are in an extreme drought but I can trace my path with the Kubota because it looks like I ran a vacuum instead of a mower. I searched online but can only find original replacement blades. Anyone know it low lift blades are available? I will contact the dealer Monday but thought I'd check if any forum members found any low lift blades for the Kubota ZT mowers.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
the standard blades are medium lift

they make bagging blades for ir, which are higher lift

see if u can find gator blades for that mower. They have options, maybe have a low-lift design

also mulching blades seem to help with dust too-which is what I run, but I also have the dedicated kubota mulching kit-which cuts the dust down tremendously

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Thanks, I may have to look into the mulching kit. I have several green areas with heavy tree cover so not a lot of grass grows, just weeds and vines. The dead leaves and dirt really create a lot of dust.