Bio-Kleen

SwampCat

Equipment
B7510 HSD
Jun 7, 2015
Northern,Wi. U.S.A.
For the casual tractor user, who only gets 5 gal. of fuel at a time. Was wondering if I read the instructions correctly. It sounds like only a couple of DROPS are needed. Like 1/8 oz. per gal. Is that right ?

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't have the directions for BioKleen, but it is a very small amount for the other additives. More than drops, but in the oz range.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
1/4 oz is what I put in for each 5 gallons and it works great. Never had a problem since I started treating it. :)

Yes, it is a little expensive to purchase but it goes a very long way and well worth it.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Might be expensive but the alternative (gunked up fuel system) is a lot more expensive if it ruins components like your lift pump, injection pump or injectors and a little goes a long way in your case. In my situation, I dump a bottle in my 1000 gallon bulk tank and call it good. Tractor Supply and Menards is the least expensive that I've found.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Fuel additives often require STRICTLY FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS... for example, "dumping" the additive into the large tank will probably cause more problems than not using additive at all. Fuel additives usually have an affinity for water more than for the fuel in order to treat the interface between the fuel and water-bottoms. If the additive is "dumped" in, rather than metered-in when replenishing the storage tank (or batch-pre-mixing in accordance with some additives) then the additive may be likely to immediately "bind" with the water and create a gelatinous-mass which will remain in the bottom of the tank, refuse to mix with the fuel, and create it's own blockage-products.

Generally it's best to add the appropriate amount of additive directly into the fuel-stream when servicing fuel storage systems and, if possible, re-circulate the entire tank to ensure proper distribution.

Dutchie

Equipment
Looking to buy
Feb 28, 2019
Nova Scotia Canada
Anyone know where to find in Canada? The website says Canadian tire, I checked and the had all the other products but not BIO Kleen.

StephenB

Equipment
Bx1880,MMM, loader.
May 24, 2017
Nova Scotia
Anyone know where to find in Canada? The website says Canadian tire, I checked and the had all the other products but not BIO Kleen.
Says that Walmart carries it also but I haven't seen it there either.
Amazon has it though.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I just bought a 16OZ at my local Tractor Supply it was $40 ouch, but when i changed out my fuel filter a month ago I noticed some bio crap hanging out of old filter

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
I just bought a 16OZ at my local Tractor Supply it was $40 ouch, but when i changed out my fuel filter a month ago I noticed some bio crap hanging out of old filter
Holy crap! Thar's $15 more than here.:eek: Worth it any way though, in the long run.

Dutchie, check with your local auto parts stores, if you can't find it online.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yep - $39.99 at my local TSC the other day... was there for the Power Service silver bottle summer additive.

Haven't used the biocide yet.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Fuel additives often require STRICTLY FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS... for example, "dumping" the additive into the large tank will probably cause more problems than not using additive at all. Fuel additives usually have an affinity for water more than for the fuel in order to treat the interface between the fuel and water-bottoms. If the additive is "dumped" in, rather than metered-in when replenishing the storage tank (or batch-pre-mixing in accordance with some additives) then the additive may be likely to immediately "bind" with the water and create a gelatinous-mass which will remain in the bottom of the tank, refuse to mix with the fuel, and create it's own blockage-products.

Generally it's best to add the appropriate amount of additive directly into the fuel-stream when servicing fuel storage systems and, if possible, re-circulate the entire tank to ensure proper distribution.
Hmmmmm

I've never had an issue adding a bottle to my bulk tank. Been doing that for years now. I do kick on the fuel pump and stick the nozzle in the filler cap and mix it up though. Never had a sludge in the bottom of the tank issue either. I have a petcock drain at the very bottom and everytime I've opened it, just diesel comes out. MY standby diesel genset is direct plumbed to that tank too.

Not saying I won't (have an issue at some point) but so far, all is good.

SRG

Equipment
B8200D 4WD........ JD 870, FWA, 300x FEL.......... JD 797, 72" Z-Trak
Jul 15, 2017
N. IL
Yep - $39.99 at my local TSC the other day... was there for the Power Service silver bottle summer additive.

Haven't used the biocide yet.

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Man Tractor Supply is expensive. I've noticed that on quite a few other things there too.

$24.99/16oz @ Farm & Fleet