BH77 hydraulic line for other uses?

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Can the hydraulic fitting/hose that goes to the BH77 on a L3901 be used to power other implements when the backhoe is off? I'm pretty clueless about this stuff. Thanks.

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Two issues I see right from the start. First there would be no flow control unless of course the attachment has its own controls and most importantly its own pressure relief. Second, the 3 point should be diabled by the control locked in the down float position so that may be a limiting factor to any rear attachment.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
The hoses must have what is called a open center valve to function as rear remotes so the fluid can flow when you are not raising or lowering the implement. Hope is what you are asking.

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of getting a wood chipper with hydraulic feed and hook the BH lines to that.

This is how the lines are hooked up and starts at the hydraulic block under the right foot area:

The top right port is to the implement, the bottom right is tank port from the implement, the left is outflow from the implement.

The top right hose goes to the loader valve. It is the fitting next to the pink stripe:

The fitting to the left in the above photo next to the green stripe is coming out of the power beyond port on the loader valve and it goes to the "P" port on the 3rd function valve:

The hose coming out of the "T" port of the 3rd function valve on the above photo heads to the BH.
It ends up as the female fitting in the below photo which shows the outlet hose from the BH with the male fitting looped into this female fitting with the backhoe removed.

The outlet hose with male fitting ends up back at the hydraulic block in the first photo. It is the hose on the left side of the block going to the from implement outlet block.

So with this setup will the 3 point be affected?

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
I'm not a hydraulics expert by any means but I don't think the 3 point should be used unless the line is looped like when the backhoe is removed. That means you would not be able to lift the chipper. Also, I'd be concerned about the type of valve the chipper has since the tractor uses an open center system (hydraulic flow MUST be allowed somewhere through the system anytime the tractor is running).

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
The hoses can be used as long as the chipper has a OPEN CENTER valve or valve bank like the backhoe. This means when none of the levers are being moved the oil can free flow through. The lift and loader will work the same whether the backhoe or chipper is on or if the hoses are looped like you have them. Just do not run the tractor if the hoses are not looped. Hope I made sense of what you are asking.

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Thank you for the very informative posts. I called Wallenstein and Kubota and they pretty much seemed to think it would work but neither would say for sure and said to ask the other guy. LOL I decided to just get a chipper with a self contained feeder system to keep things simple.

Thanks again.