bh77 bucket teeth

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
Wow. That's pretty strange to see 'em crack like that. NAPA has a whole slew of options from which I've made a few purchases before (but not specifically for the BH77 compatible buckets.) You might check there. Hope that helps give you some more options.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Sure looks like faulty manufacturing. I've never had a tooth crack like that. I've had them come loose at the attachment point and eventually fall off, because I didn't stop and fix it when I noticed it.

I'd take a grinder, or cutoff wheel, and cut out the material some. Then weld with 7018 rod, with the amperage at an appropriate level to get good penetration. Then use the thing until it broke off completely.

Can't imagine a tooth breaking before the paint is wore off!!

Tarmy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800, BH76A, FEL,box scraper
Nov 17, 2009
Lake Almanor, Ca
Sure looks like faulty manufacturing. I've never had a tooth crack like that. I've had them come loose at the attachment point and eventually fall off, because I didn't stop and fix it when I noticed it.

I'd take a grinder, or cutoff wheel, and cut out the material some. Then weld with 7018 rod, with the amperage at an appropriate level to get good penetration. Then use the thing until it broke off completely.

Can't imagine a tooth breaking before the paint is wore off!!
This...

I beat mine on rocks all the time...never seen that type of crack on something that thick...given that amount of breakout force of the hydraulics of yours' or mine.

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
looks like I've got a couple of cracked teeth on my 16" bucket on the BH77. Haven't broke off yet, but headed that way quick. Any body know of replacements cheaper/better/whatever than Kubota's? They are about $32 a pop.
That really surprises me. Mine have been through hell and there is not a spec of paint left on them and not a crack.Your teeth must be from a bad batch and I would try to warranty them. That's something I would expect from a Mahindra. :D

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
I bought my BH77 in November of 2014. The day it was delivered (on my new tractor), I was looking everything over and noticed two of my bucket teeth were cracked exactly in the same place as yours. It had obviously never been used and the paint/powder coat was in the cracks.

My dealer swapped them out for me since it was indisputable that they had been painted AFTER they had been cracked. Might be worth a real close look.

kaiser715

Equipment
L2501/FEL/BH77 -- B2400/60"MMM/Bagger
Mar 17, 2017
Tramway, NC
I ordered a couple of teeth on Friday. Surprised my dealer doesn't stock them.

I'm gonna weld up the cracked ones and see what happens, though. At least I'll have a couple of spares.

I did use the b/h for about 8 hours today, digging out 6-8" pine and maple stumps. Crack still looks exactly the same....I was expecting one or both to go ahead and break off, or at least enlarge. If it opened up or broke all the way, I'd at least be able to examine the structure of the metal better and maybe get an idea of why it happened. As it stands, I'll just grind it out, and as mentioned above, go with 7018.

Thanks for the help and advice!