Better Late Than Never……. Kubota Lift

Motion

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota MX5100HST/FEL
Aug 17, 2020
Mandeville Louisiana
In 1985 two posts lifts were the stuff of dreams, I only paid $200.00 for two (11,000#) inground lifts which needed repairs. It's still working good, gave the other one away.

Reactions: 1 user

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I've got a BendPak 2 post and love it. I've not used it for the ZT yet but will this spring. Before getting the lift I would just use the forks with straps to lift the ZT for working on it. I've not needed the lift to work on the tractor yet, but size wise I don't foresee any issues. The B2650 should fit fine. If I had a big boy tractor I don't think it would work.
I went with the Grand Prix series because it was the tallest that would fit for my 10' ceiling and has a top beam instead of a floor plate so nothing to trip over under the vehicle. A little harder to install, but using the forks to lift the top beam made it pretty easy.
For anyone considering installing a lift, double check your floor. I had some spots that were not quite as thick as it was supposed to be poured and ended up having to cut out 2 large squares, dig dipper, and repour. That was the hardest part of the install.
This has been a great thread. I hadn't seen many of the attachments that folks have posted. Always learning, Thanks.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I went with an Atlas 2 post with overhead cables as well. I have never regretted it.

I think it was about $2400 with free shipping and no tax ( used to love that 'no tax' thing).

I've had too many lumps on my head using 4 post hoists, and I worked at a shop that had those plates on the floor. Those were a nightmare when trying to use the trans jack. Not to mention a magnet for 1/4 inch sockets to roll under.

I didn't have the ceiling height originally, but a few rums and cokes and a Sawz-All fixed that.

Attachments

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
Total was about $5K when you include all the materials to fix the ceiling.