Best way to add weights?

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I have a B7100, and would like to put some suitcase weights on the front. I do not have the mount for them, and my local Kubota shop doesn't have one lying around. Does anyone know of a source, or could someone post a pic or two of their setup, so that I could fabricate a mount?
They have plenty of weights, but I don't know which ones to get- looking at a mount would help make sense of things.
Thank you!
Mark

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
I have a B7100, and would like to put some suitcase weights on the front. I do not have the mount for them, and my local Kubota shop doesn't have one lying around. Does anyone know of a source, or could someone post a pic or two of their setup, so that I could fabricate a mount?
They have plenty of weights, but I don't know which ones to get- looking at a mount would help make sense of things.
Thank you!
Mark
How many did you want to add? I believe you can add 3 or 4 to the front of the frame without a mount. I tied 6 together with ready rod and just hung it on the frame. Works great, keeps the length of the tractor shorter too.

Piker

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2320, 2002 Honda Rubicon
Dec 1, 2010
Riverview, NB, Canada
My 1980 B7100 (acquired a week ago) came with (2) blue weights hung on the front bumper/frame - I think they were supplied with the tractor. They are quite thick & I think that (2) is all that will fit on there.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I understand that 3 will fit. I can't put any on the frame, as it sits- the screen covering the oil cooler is there. According to my local Kubota shop, I need a frame that bolts onto the tractor frame.
My front tires aren't loaded- I will try that first. Perhaps that will give me enough weight to do what I want.

B7100hst-d

Oct 31, 2010
NLR AR
you should be able to fashion a plate holder from flat stock.
Bend it like a rectangle, so it will bolt to your frame nose, then you can have the short legs clear the oil cooler cover, and the long legs can be any length needed to hold as many weights as you want.

That, or if you pay for shipping, you can borrow my wife and she'll sit on your hood... :D, mind you, she's not a big girl, but that extra 130 lbs ought to help a little at least