best source for motors, fittings hydraulics for customizing

Brian

Equipment
BX 25
Nov 7, 2010
New York State
any suggestions for one or two sources that has good selection of hydraulic motors, fittings, parts etc for building custom stuff for tractors. i want to build a hydraulic control to rotate my snow blower chute for next year. would like to know if there are any plans out there.

My curse is that while I am formally trained as a gunsmith(have had my own shop for over 25 years and doing it for more than 30) , have a gunsmith/ machine shop and was a Navy certified Nuclear welder, I am at a total loss when it comes to anything electrical or hydraulics.

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
Well as you probably know doing it yourself is a great way to learn. Be sure to post any questions you may have and I'm sure someone here will try to help out.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
If you can get over to the Canadian side of the border my favorite place for custom goodies is Princess Auto. Oh man when I walk in there my little brain just starts going wild with ideas. Check them out if you get the chance. Most of my projects start there and there's been hundreds of them for me. Good luck

http://www.princessauto.com/