Best FEL attachments

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Question....who makes the best forks and other quick attatch attatchments for the LA 805 loader ? See a lot online. Unsure of the best.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Question....who makes the best forks and other quick attatch attatchments for the LA 805 loader ? See a lot online. Unsure of the best.
Everything Attachments! !!!!!
Conover, NC.

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
totally subjective. 'best' means different things to different people, depends on dozens of factors like price, construction, where made, who made it,how used,when purchased, availability.

say you have an immediate paying job($2500) ,needing 'pallet forks'. ''A' and 'B' have physically similar units. A' has a 5 week delivery but a good price, 'B' has them in stock , $200 more though.

'B' would be the logical choice, as you get the job done NOW, you get paid $2500 ,though it cost you $200. Waiting the 5 weeks to save $200 , but you LOST the job AND $2500 !

Choosing 'B' also means you've had 4 more weeks to use them..

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
totally subjective. 'best' means different things to different people, depends on dozens of factors like price, construction, where made, who made it,how used,when purchased, availability.

say you have an immediate paying job($2500) ,needing 'pallet forks'. ''A' and 'B' have physically similar units. A' has a 5 week delivery but a good price, 'B' has them in stock , $200 more though.

'B' would be the logical choice, as you get the job done NOW, you get paid $2500 ,though it cost you $200. Waiting the 5 weeks to save $200 , but you LOST the job AND $2500 !

Choosing 'B' also means you've had 4 more weeks to use them..
The OP question was very specifically stated.... "who makes the best?"
There was no question about price, proximity, or availability!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

Now if you want to get technical, the word "best" is a superlative. The only true answer is to have access to all available models, use them and determine for ones' self what meets their needs.

When a salesman/woman says, "I have the best ......" fill in the blank paint, tires, ink, oil, tractor, grapple.... it's not good salesmanship because they are asking their possible buyer to go test all of the competition then come back and hopefully buy from me!

I think Greenvillejay was right on.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Now if you want to get technical, the word "best" is a superlative. The only true answer is to have access to all available models, use them and determine for ones' self what meets their needs.

When a salesman/woman says, "I have the best ......" fill in the blank paint, tires, ink, oil, tractor, grapple.... it's not good salesmanship because they are asking their possible buyer to go test all of the competition then come back and hopefully buy from me!

My hopes was that id get input from many users in the manner you suggested in your response from thier experience. Now i see these posts turn in to who is the smartest person to respond with only a few people actually trying to help each other.
Everything in lfe falls in to the confines you guys describe to pick things apart. I asked a simple question. I did not put any limits on it such as time, location price etc...
D2CAT answered id assume from his experience. And knew what i meant.
I have to wonder sre there theoretical forums
Talking tractors like it srems we want to talk theory here instead of tractors.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
For the LA805, the EA 2200lb forks are worth looking at. For lift capacity vs weight and considering price they were the best option for me for my LA765, but I ended up with the 3k forks due to delayed availability of the lighter/shorter forks.

LandPride makes forks with similar specs, but I believe the capacity/weight ratio was lower.

As far as other attachments, you're asking a very broad question. Maybe narrow down the tasks you're looking to accomplish to help folks who could offer advice? Like most things in life, there's always a trade-off, as brought up above (weight, cost, availability, capacity, etc).

Edit: and availability is very much a consideration. For example, I was told it would take a year + to get a LandPride landscape rake from my dealer. Given that timeline, availability is a HUGE factor vs other aspects which may not be ideal, but function just fine.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
For the LA805, the EA 2200lb forks are worth looking at. For lift capacity vs weight and considering price they were the best option for me for my LA765, but I ended up with the 3k forks due to delayed availability of the lighter/shorter forks.

LandPride makes forks with similar specs, but I believe the capacity/weight ratio was lower.

As far as other attachments, you're asking a very broad question. Maybe narrow down the tasks you're looking to accomplish to help folks who could offer advice? Like most things in life, there's always a trade-off, as brought up above (weight, cost, availability, capacity, etc).

Edit: and availability is very much a consideration. For example, I was told it would take a year + to get a LandPride landscape rake from my dealer. Given that timeline, availability is a HUGE factor vs other aspects which may not be ideal, but function just fine.
I included my loader model to take weight etc in to account. Appreciate the input on EA forks. I should have maybe phrased my question as in what brand is worth the money and or wait. Same premise though.
Looking for quick attatch rack for pto implements, forks, post hole auger, to start.
EA , Titan are a few that pop up. Never bought from either hence the question.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
Worth looking at Homestead Implements as well (and read the threads here and on TBN for different perspectives). I've got a few of their implements(grapple and land plane), but not enough time with them yet to say much about them in practice.

US made and US or Canada-sourced steel, if that is a factor for you (it is for me).

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I think Greevillejay provided a good response........ to a question that the OP did not pose!

Everything attachments products are likely "the best" in the attachment marketplace, because HUNDREDS of EA customers agree that EA attachments are "the best".
Most EA buyers have already done their investigation, and no "salesmen" are needed to convince them of anything.

You are apparently not familiar with EA,..... a small family run company in NC.
You might consider reading just a few of the hundreds of EA feedback reports, from extremely satisfied customers.
There is no attachment manufacturer that even comes close in buyer satisfaction.
IMHO: There is no better measure of quality than honest buyer feedback!

I do not agree with some of EA's marketing techniques, but I have bought two EA attachments, and they are two of the best built attachments I have ever seen.

What don't I agree with?
Advertised "Free shipping" is for pickup someplace, maybe nearby,..... but not directly to you.
Pay when you order,..... but often no shipment for weeks (if not months).

Last edited:

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I think Greevillejay is WAY OFF!

Everything attachments products are likely "the best" in the attachment marketplace, because HUNDREDS of EA customers agree that EA attachments are "the best".
Most potential EA buyers have already done their investigation, and no "salesmen" are needed to convince them of anything.

You are obviously not familiar with EA.
You might consider reading just a few of the hundreds of EA feedback reports, from extremely satisfied customers.
There is no attachment manufacturer that even comes close in satisfaction.
IMHO: There is no better measure of quality than honest buyer feedback!

I do not agree with some of EA's marketing techniques, but I have bought two EA attachments, and they are two of the best built attachments I have ever seen.
Thanks, no i have only heard of them recently.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Worth looking at Homestead Implements as well (and read the threads here and on TBN for different perspectives). I've got a few of their implements(grapple and land plane), but not enough time with them yet to say much about them in practice.

US made and US or Canada-sourced steel, if that is a factor for you (it is for me).
Yes on the steel.
Thanks

minthral

Equipment
Kubota L47
Nov 22, 2021
NC
For that tractor, you want 3000lb+ forks as it can do that lifting load off ground (not max height). I wouldn't get 2k forks...those are undersize fort that load. Also forks are rated using both (2) bars, meaning the load limit for a single is a 1/2 that...or for example 2k forks = 2x 1k and if you lift something unbalanced etc, more weight is on one fork...it's not rated for it (though honestly would probably be fine). 3k+ for that tractor...

Otherwise forks are all the same other than frame. Some like to skimp on that to make it lighter duty to claim less weight, but it's the frame important it's large and stout as normally you're grabbing with forks, then curling so it slides back into the frame that partly supporting it. While I doubt there's forks that will break from that load, some cheap ones may bend or flex.

Skid steer attach 'compact' forks 3k are about $850.

Otherwise, grapple and front post hole digger is what I have aside from bucket. A dozer or snow blade is available as well.

Not sure what tractor you have, but if it has a enough flow, there are other options.

What I personally find most useful depends on what I'm doing... my forks sit around a lot and only come out when I need them. Same for bucket as it's for moving material or digging. Grapple is for land cleaning brush or dealing with logs/trees. Post hole digger just sits around, but is worth it for just 1 project. Question is best asked not what is the best attachment, but what are you trying to achieve and then use an attachment accordingly.

Land clearing or playing with a grapple is certainly the most fun (IMO).

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
For that tractor, you want 3000lb+ forks as it can do that lifting load off ground (not max height). I wouldn't get 2k forks...those are undersize fort that load. Also forks are rated using both (2) bars, meaning the load limit for a single is a 1/2 that...or for example 2k forks = 2x 1k and if you lift something unbalanced etc, more weight is on one fork...it's not rated for it (though honestly would probably be fine). 3k+ for that tractor...

Otherwise forks are all the same other than frame. Some like to skimp on that to make it lighter duty to claim less weight, but it's the frame important it's large and stout as normally you're grabbing with forks, then curling so it slides back into the frame that partly supporting it. While I doubt there's forks that will break from that load, some cheap ones may bend or flex.

Skid steer attach 'compact' forks 3k are about $850.

Otherwise, grapple and front post hole digger is what I have aside from bucket. A dozer or snow blade is available as well.

Not sure what tractor you have, but if it has a enough flow, there are other options.

What I personally find most useful depends on what I'm doing... my forks sit around a lot and only come out when I need them. Same for bucket as it's for moving material or digging. Grapple is for land cleaning brush or dealing with logs/trees. Post hole digger just sits around, but is worth it for just 1 project. Question is best asked not what is the best attachment, but what are you trying to achieve and then use an attachment accordingly.

Land clearing or playing with a grapple is certainly the most fun (IMO).
Thanks, i have a L4060. Very informative reply !!

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
WorX Duty SSQA forks from my Kubota dealer are of good quality and reasonably priced. I believe WorX Duty is a division of Land Pride that makes construction attachments. Precision Mfg clamshell grapple is what I have. Quality is good but no grease fittings on any pivot points. Wasn't a deal breaker for me because I'll never wear it out in my lifetime. It works awesome though.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
.... please consider this statement ..

Did those 'HUNDREDS of EA customers' ALSO buy competitor attachments and PERSONALLY use them on THEIR patch of soil for THEIR application ?? You can read mountains of specs and comments, but YOUR real world use of TWO or more, similar implements is the best way to SEE which is the 'best' for you.
A lot of 'comments' posted on company websites are BOGUS ( Watch the MARKETPLACE show on BESTBUY ) , I'm not saying that I know EA does but it's common practice for companies to 'cherry pick' replies, weed out the 'didn't likes', have employees post under several names.

re:

Curious , what's your definition of 'best' ? What determines 'best' and Why ?

hmm, there was a thread about some grapples part being changed from DOM tubing to bent steel BUT the original ones were the 'best', so now the new ones aren't the 'best', so now that company doesn't make the 'best' ???

Reactions: 1 user

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
EA makes the best, period. I stayed at a Holiday Inn so I know ;)
Seriously though, the welds are A+, the materials used are A+, the designs are spot on with weight were you need it and not were you don't, made in NC, free shipping to most places which can be a huge savings, and I've not heard a bad word about their build quality or function. Only negatives I've heard of are price ( "best" is always pricey) and wait times.
I did have an opportunity to put my eyes on an EA, LP and tractor supply brand box blades. Hands down the EA was best in every way except price. I was so impressed with their quality, I turned around and purchased the EA forks several months later.
No, I don't work for EA, just my opinion of what's "best".
For what it's worth, we're talking about tractor implements not heart valves. What ever you get is going to work pretty darn good. If you break it, get a "better" one next time.

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
I have the Woods 48” pallet forks and really like them. Most of my implements are made by Woods because they are multiple dealers in this area and parts are easy to find if I need them. Are they the best? I’ve seen no real life comparisons but these forks are stout. they have a large shackle mounted in the center of the mounting plate that is a great lifting, pulling and tie down point. The forks are now my most used FEL loader implement.