bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
There is a lesson or two in that video.
Some need to take badic physics class!
And
The bigger they are the harder they fall!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Impressive video. Seen a couple big trackhoes buried over the year's. A couple of the clips were funny as hell. Especially liked the persistence of the ram :D

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Impressive video. Seen a couple big trackhoes buried over the year's. A couple of the clips were funny as hell. Especially liked the persistence of the ram :D
Demolition equipped trackhoes tend to have short lifespans. A lot of them end up scrapped or in the repair shed due to crap like that. One company I looked at had a policy, you can't use it on anything that was taller than the cab of the trackhoe. That makes a heckuva lot of sense to me now.

I'm not a fan of skid steers. Ran them enough to know how versatile and dangerous they are. There are places they are useful, but mostly they aren't very good at doing anything well. My brother and I had a competition between him in a Skid Steer and me in an old Oliver 1265 with a loader and box blade. We were tearing down a small landscaping hill. I whoolloped him with the Oliver 1265. The skid steer just didn't have the weight or power to do the work fast. My D-17 with the backhoe would've embarrassed them both but that's up a tractor class from them. So, for small work, skid steers are great, with lots of attachments. Heavier stuff, needs real units. Then you get the goofballs thinking they are fun to play with... that ends up with a lot of hurt people and repair bills.

My favorite was the dozer loading that stone block. You could see the result coming from a mile away and you just had to watch that train wreck happen...

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Demolition equipped trackhoes tend to have short lifespans. A lot of them end up scrapped or in the repair shed due to crap like that. One company I looked at had a policy, you can't use it on anything that was taller than the cab of the trackhoe. That makes a heckuva lot of sense to me now.

I'm not a fan of skid steers. Ran them enough to know how versatile and dangerous they are. There are places they are useful, but mostly they aren't very good at doing anything well. My brother and I had a competition between him in a Skid Steer and me in an old Oliver 1265 with a loader and box blade. We were tearing down a small landscaping hill. I whoolloped him with the Oliver 1265. The skid steer just didn't have the weight or power to do the work fast. My D-17 with the backhoe would've embarrassed them both but that's up a tractor class from them. So, for small work, skid steers are great, with lots of attachments. Heavier stuff, needs real units. Then you get the goofballs thinking they are fun to play with... that ends up with a lot of hurt people and repair bills.

My favorite was the dozer loading that stone block. You could see the result coming from a mile away and you just had to watch that train wreck happen...
I need to call my dad and see if he still has the pics of the kamutsu pc400 that was buried. I was out servicing equipment on a jobsite, and drove past a 5 acre pond they were building for drainage. Seen a trackhoe boom sticking out of the ground :confused: Now of course I had to go down there and check it out :D. Guy got the tracks buried. Company's answer was to go through with a long reach trackhoe and try to dig it out :rolleyes: all they succeeded in doing was loosening the sand around it. At 3:30pm the afternoon sun shower came in off the gulf and dropped an inch of rain :eek: filled every crack and crevise with sand. All but the top 2ft of the cab. Cost them 30k to dig it out and another 100k in damages. I lost the pics when my old computer crashed :rolleyes:

Last edited:

2grit

Equipment
L35,U45
Apr 24, 2011
northeast

Hard to say which was my favorite. I got a kick out of the whole bunch. There was an aw S**T around every corner. The dozer loading the stone block was right up there!!!!