Best cut-off wheel on earth!!

Super Stock Racer

Equipment
B 7200 hst
Feb 16, 2021
Kokomo IN
Every person I demonstrate this wheel to stands with their mouth open or starts using words I can't repeat here. I have always used Norton but no more. United abrasives general purpose Sait .045 .. 6"x .045 x 7/8... 1/type 41.. I can cut through .250 thick 2 inch angle iron faster than you can walk to the band saw!!! I am amazed every time I use this wheel. Inch and a half by .125 thick mild steel takes about 2 seconds. Not 2 1/2 or 3. I thought I would give it a good test cutting 304 stainless tubing 1 inch x .120 wall. It cut like butter. Now the best part. I have used this wheel for about a month and it is 5 1/4 inches dia. instead of six. After you try one you will throw away the rest.\

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Every person I demonstrate this wheel to stands with their mouth open or starts using words I can't repeat here. I have always used Norton but no more. United abrasives general purpose Sait .045 .. 6"x .045 x 7/8... 1/type 41.. I can cut through .250 thick 2 inch angle iron faster than you can walk to the band saw!!! I am amazed every time I use this wheel. Inch and a half by .125 thick mild steel takes about 2 seconds. Not 2 1/2 or 3. I thought I would give it a good test cutting 304 stainless tubing 1 inch x .120 wall. It cut like butter. Now the best part. I have used this wheel for about a month and it is 5 1/4 inches dia. instead of six. After you try one you will throw away the rest.\
I know the owner of SAIT.... I trained him and his pilot in the Citation-X they own. They fly it to Italy twice a year where they also have an abrasives operation. They make good stuff for sure. Nice Folks and Honorable.
I quit buying cheap chineese (HF) and russian-made abrasive wheels etc when I saw one of their wheels that came apart and went thru the operators face! SAIT doesn’t random test their wheels... they test EACH wheel at an overspeed RPM before it’s packaged. Good stuff.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'll have to see if they have a 4-1/2 version. The Makita grinding wheels (forgot which one) are superb, but the same cutoff disk isn't as good, although far beyond HF (gave those away).

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Hmmm....interesting. I will have to do some research on that item and see if they offer other sizes.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Never heard of Sait cutt-off wheels before. Where can these be purchased?
Thanks in advance
I ordered 10 4-1/2" Ultimate on eBay this morning. There is another series, but this one says ferrous, non-ferrous, stainless steel (which OP mentioned). Maybe OP will confirm.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
If you guys REALLY want your mind blown....get a lenox MetalMax diamond cutting wheel. They EASILY last 100x longer than an abrasive wheel, no dust, don't get smaller, don't shatter, and cut sheetmetal like butter and I've used them all the way up to 1/2" steel. Worth every penny and then some.....get one and you'll thank me. Only downside is it heats the metal up more, sometimes more sparks. Cut isn't always as smooth as normal grinding wheel.

Reactions: 1 user

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
Ive been using there Planet One flap disks for years on hardfacing cleanup and Hardox cleanup for crusher concaves!!! probably the best flap disks on earth!!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If you guys REALLY want your mind blown....get a lenox MetalMax diamond cutting wheel. They EASILY last 100x longer than an abrasive wheel, no dust, don't get smaller, don't shatter, and cut sheetmetal like butter and I've used them all the way up to 1/2" steel. Worth every penny and then some.....get one and you'll thank me. Only downside is it heats the metal up more, sometimes more sparks. Cut isn't always as smooth as normal grinding wheel.
You have to see how Amazon prices these wheels!! $11.99 for one, and $32.24 for a 2 pack. No explanation as to why.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
You have to see how Amazon prices these wheels!! $11.99 for one, and $32.24 for a 2 pack. No explanation as to why.
I have seen that many times with other products on Amazon.

Amazon tries to suck customers in by taking advantage that many people expect multiples should be the same price EACH or cheaper...so they hope you will just choose the multiple quantity without calculating the price each. Shady business practice in my book.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Try a plasma cutter....you will never want to use cut off blades again.

Billdog350

Equipment
Kubota L3710 HST,L2230A QT,forks,Takeuchi TB125, 60" Luck Now pto Snowblower
Jan 6, 2014
East Hampton, CT
I have a plasma cutter, recip saw, jig saw, grinder with abrasive wheel and the diamond cutoff wheel, JET water cooled bandsaw, as well as a 20v die grinder with carbide bits. For general cuts, fastest way to get the job done, most flexibility, ease of use, portability (my grinders are 60v and 20v battery), the diamond wheel on a grinder wins 70% of the time. The recip/jig have their place. If I can get the metal into the bandsaw, that's perfect for clean cuts and fabrication work. But if you told me I could only have one tool....it would be the dewalt 60v grinder with diamond wheel for cutting metal.....Keep in mind the consumables on the plasma cutter get pricy....