Bald Eagle Fights with Deer

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
This was captured by a neighbor. Poor video, but still pretty incredible. Seeing the paradox of how stupid deer are vs how badass eagles are!

Reactions: 2 users

Outdrz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901, 525 Loader, 2060 Cutter, EA Toothbar, EA Box Blade, JD Disc and more
Feb 20, 2021
Ohio
This was captured by a neighbor. Poor video, but still pretty incredible. Seeing the paradox of how stupid deer are vs how badass eagles are!
Looks like the eagle had something on the ground and the deer was trying to prevent the kill. Pretty cool interaction!

Seeing that type of thing is one of my favorite side benefits of being in the woods... just sitting still and observing.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
100% agree, sometimes you have to be aware enough to see it. I always pause to appreciate the soaring hawk or one perched nearby, rare occasions I'm lucky enough to see him grab a meal off the forest floor :oops:

All I could think about seeing the eagle in this video was the eagle saying "My Tree!" lol

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Seeing that type of thing is one of my favorite side benefits of being in the woods... just sitting still and observing.
I had a fun encounter with a fierce little predator doing just that today. After stepping outside the shop door for some fresh air earlier this morning I was just standing and looking into the trees and shrubs when I spotted this tiny black dot moving towards me along the bushes. What the heck?? Then it popped out from the hedge line right at my feet and stared up at me. A little short tailed weasel (ermine) wearing it's snow white winter coat, save for its black tail tip! It darted back into its tunnel and then back out and stared again for a few long seconds. It must've decided I was too much for its appetite when it disappeared again into the woods. That was fun to see and I'm betting it's a much better "mouser" than the wife's overfed cats! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user