Bafoon......Me that is!

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Well a long time ago my dad taught me to own up to my mistakes. I have even gone as far as poking fun at myself when I pull a really good one. This is one of those cases where I am owning this one and feeling that I deserve a trophy for the most thorough destruction of an iPhone. (Heck sorry for the politically incorrect comment here but Hillary would have been proud of my skills). Now for how I did it.

Put the bush hog on to cut the back field. (Now you already can see it in your mind ;)) Put on my Work Tunes ear muffs and paired the iPhone to the muffs to listen to some tunes as I drove around. All was good for 20 minutes when I decided to get as close as I could to an old fence line covered in thick briars. Oh, and I had placed my phone in the cupholder on the right fender (bad idea). Cutting along the briar leaning out of the way of the stray branches when all the sudden the music stopped in my ear muffs and I could hear a faint crunching under the bush hog that made my heart skip as I knew immediately what happened. One of those thick canes must have stuck in the Otterbox protective case for my phone and drug it out where it was immediately swallowed by my cutter. Verizon had the nerve to ask if I could salvage the sim card, Hah.
iPhone After.jpg

I think I have see the tagline on here somewhere "Learn from the mistakes of others as you do not have time to make them all yourself"

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Captain13

Equipment
M7040 4WD ROPS, ZD28, Woods (84” box blade, 72” harrow, 48” pallet forks)
Feb 27, 2019
Kathleen, GA
So ‘bag phones’ are making a comeback. I‘ve done that with one of my phones. Wasn’t pretty.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Looks like the parts gathered after an airplane crash!

I had a friend doing some dirt work in his yard with a D4 Cat. When he was finished he couldn't find his phone. Several months later he found it, somehow, under a couple inches of dirt. It was still usable, maybe even had power I don't remember. I told him he ought to take it to Sprint and use it for advertising.

Reactions: 1 users

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Yep the l series cup holders are not a good phone holder.. even without the help of a bush grabbing it..

Woops!

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
LOL oh maannn!
like the guy on youtube "does it blend" who puts all his stuff in blenders, yours can be "does it brush hog"

Reactions: 1 user

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Yep the l series cup holders are not a good phone holder.. even without the help of a bush grabbing it..

Woops!
I lost one too from my L series cup holder, lucky that I was on a trail and was able to go back and eventually find my phone. I just purchased a heavy duty phone pouch that has a very tough belt clip.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd send pictures to both Otterbox and Apple, askingwhich one is going to ponyup to a new phone and case ? whoever does gets the salvage rights AND the bragging rights that they 'keep their customers happy' !!

Palmettokat

Equipment
M6800, B2710, L6060, Volvo 5 ton excavator and implements.
Apr 21, 2020
South Carolina
I am getting more and more of leaving my phone at home when I am doing any machine work. I have learned to put my in my front pants pocket if riding a tractor for not easy to work out of there. Not as worried on a cab tractor but open station in a pocket for sure.

But along your experience my wife love to cut grass. Few years ago she was off and was cutting our yard. As she often did would keep checking in with me when off and told me think I "might" need a new cell phone for mine is not working good. Okay was my reply. When I went to turn into our drive was really impressed how well a Bushog brand ztr mower could mulch a cell phone. We did find her sim card about a week later. Her phone was spread over a 10 foot circle. Aren't you thankful it was not a foot you ran over? Mowers are dangerous.

Thanks for the post.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
So far I've shredded 3 bluetooth headphones, they get pulled off running under tree limbs.......phone stays in my pocket.
Several years ago had a military grade flip phone in my front pocket. It had a soft "rubber" case, so I thought no way it's coming out. Well, you guessed it. While pulling caliche out of my "seasonal pond", it somehow slipped out. After looking for it for several minutes I went to the house, called the wife on the land line and had her keep calling my number. After what seemed like an hour, I finally heard the faint sound of the ring tone. Tracked it down, dug down about in about 4" of fresh moved caliche. No telling how many times I ran over it before I found it.

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Well, I didn’t lose a phone but I was mowing underbrush on a wooded trail. My L2501 was only a few months old. At one point looked back and saw a piece of black plastic between the shredded brush. figured it was just old trash. Finished and shut down the tractor. As I got off I looked down to notice a round hole in my right, rear fender. The cup holder had been knocked out and ran over. They‘re not a few bucks to replace.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Keep mine between the sun visor and the cab roof, or in my bib overall's pocket.

Cell phones are cheap today anyway, even the high end ones. I won't use an I-Phone, the os isn't compatible with my Drone apps. I use an Android and I buy them. Just bought a Samsung Galaxy 10e for 60 bucks, delivered, unlocked. They get a little old and wonky, I purposely run them over with a vehicle or use them for target practice (after I remove the micro SD card and the SIM card.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
That is one way to stop telemarketing calls.
3006A3F9-D490-4F93-83D5-50E23A4ED2BA.jpeg
I resorted to this contraption for holding my iPhone. Cup holder on the B3200 is behind the seat. Pockets, well if I'm wearing cargo shorts I can button it in but jeans or Carharts, it doesn't fit. Cold winter it goes in the inner jacket pocket. I've dropped it a few times but either found it on the ground or on the tractor itself. Have not dropped it out of the holder..... yet.

Reactions: 1 user