Backhoe attachment

huey

Equipment
b6200d
Sep 17, 2020
Lakeport michigan
Does any one here have or have any experience with a LW-5 Backhoe attachment I know it's small and I'm not going to dig a basement with it just need on my property for trenching and odd digging jobs .
Pictures of it on your tractor would be appreciated.

John T

Equipment
2017 BX23S
May 5, 2017
under a rock
I have no experience with it.
I did look it up.... I like the fact it has it's own seat.

I have the BX23S with backhoe and it's a pain in the azz to constantly stop/flip the seat around/move the tractor 5' and flip the seat again.....

sometimes you can push yourself backwards but not always...

that seat on the BX23S sucks.

If I ever had to do any real digging, I would just go rent a mini excavator.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious....
saw prices from 1500-2000 US$
If true, that's GREAT value for a 3ph backhoe !!
yes renting a minex will be faster but for the occasional use, it could be 'ok'.

Would have to see the 'specs'..like GPM and PSI needed, depth, bucket, etc.
but look at all you're getting for 2K !!

huey

Equipment
b6200d
Sep 17, 2020
Lakeport michigan
curious....
yes renting a minex will be faster but for the occasional use, it could be 'ok'.

Would have to see the 'specs'..like GPM and PSI needed, depth, bucket, etc.
but look at all you're getting for 2K !!
Yah saw that add its really old they don't make the lw 5 any more only lw 6 & 7

Daferris

Equipment
LX2610
Nov 23, 2021
Mid-Michigan
Anytime I needed to do a trench for a water, Electric or gas line. I just go to the local Home Depot or Sunbelt rentals and rent it... for the 3 times in the last 25 years I've need it it's way cheaper and MUCH easier to "store" than buying a backhoe...

huey

Equipment
b6200d
Sep 17, 2020
Lakeport michigan
Anytime I needed to do a trench for a water, Electric or gas line. I just go to the local Home Depot or Sunbelt rentals and rent it... for the 3 times in the last 25 years I've need it it's way cheaper and MUCH easier to "store" than buying a backhoe...
Rental nearby my property is about $150.00 for 24 hrs I am retired and have I would guesstimate I have a min of 30 days work trenching on my property + the one I'm looking at has the thumb for grsbing n loading rocks n logs so I figure in the long run my own will be more cost efficient

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Many times over the last 35 years I have only needed a BH for less than one hour.
That would have been a lot of wasted days, and 120 mile trips to the nearest BH rental facility.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Rental nearby my property is about $150.00 for 24 hrs I am retired and have I would guesstimate I have a min of 30 days work trenching on my property + the one I'm looking at has the thumb for grsbing n loading rocks n logs so I figure in the long run my own will be more cost efficient
You are correct, ......and on rainy days you can stay dry in your house, ,...... at zero rental cost!
Plus........a purchased machine has real residual value.
My current L48 TLB is worth (internet comps) at least 30% more than I paid for it 3-1/2 years ago.
My (other) investments are NOT worth 30% more!

huey

Equipment
b6200d
Sep 17, 2020
Lakeport michigan
Many times over the last 35 years I have only needed a BH for less than one hour.
That would have been a lot of wasted days, and 120 mile trips to the nearest BH rental facility.
Not to worry my friend I'll assure you I'll use the heck out of it I all so have 3 sons and 2 son in laws who are like me we do our own work and tools to make it easier are well worth it

huey

Equipment
b6200d
Sep 17, 2020
Lakeport michigan
You are correct, ......and on rainy days you can stay dry in your house, ,...... at zero rental cost!
Plus........a purchased machine has real residual value.
My current L48 TLB is worth (internet comps) at least 30% more than I paid for it 3-1/2 years ago.
My stocks are NOT worth 30% more!
Exactly I don't think it will lose much value if any I keep my stuff well taken care of

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Exactly I don't think it will lose much value if any I keep my stuff well taken care of
I have owned a personal TLB for the past 33 years.
Ford first, now Kubota.
At 82 now, it is the strong "arm" with thumb, that I really need.
I cannot rent an arm for an hour, or even a day!

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
curious....
Only thing I can possibly add to this thread is that a 3PH backhoe can be a concern as far as potential damage to the tractor goes. BUT I don't know anything about the backhoe the OP is considering...

My 3PH backhoe on my B2910 required a replacement heavy duty top link bracket, to prevent tearing out the standard bracket from the transmission housing.

As far as having that small backhoe, I never regretted it for the reasons stated above by others. Over 20 years I used it a LOT.

Only thing better was the mini ex I bought a couple years ago. Old but still functions well. Only has about the same capability as my 3PH backhoe, but still a world better in capability, as far as dealing with the spoils and repositioning between digs.

huey

Equipment
b6200d
Sep 17, 2020
Lakeport michigan
Only thing I can possibly add to this thread is that a 3PH backhoe can be a concern as far as potential damage to the tractor goes. BUT I don't know anything about the backhoe the OP is considering...

My 3PH backhoe on my B2910 required a replacement heavy duty top link bracket, to prevent tearing out the standard bracket from the transmission housing.

As far as having that small backhoe, I never regretted it for the reasons stated above by others. Over 20 years I used it a LOT.

Only thing better was the mini ex I bought a couple years ago. Old but still functions well. Only has about the same capability as my 3PH backhoe, but still a world better in capability, as far as dealing with the spoils and repositioning between digs.
I have a sub frame under my tractor already and plan on adding support arms to it so as not to put all the stress on the three point setup I'll just use the three point to lift it into posiition then.lock it into the sub frame I have a life long background in industrial mechanical and fabrication