B8200 Value.

B8200 Owner

Apr 4, 2020
Kenosha, WI
I currently have a B8200 HST-D with a loader and OLD Turf tires, a bad seat, questionable Wiring and Radiator, and no 3 point hitch arms. I bought it Not running and have be struggling with getting it to run. But that's for another post.
I now have a opportunity to buy another RUNNING B8200 HST-D without any attachments. It does have New Tuff Tires, New seat and the 3 point hitch setup. But has a 4x4 that is not working . I'm trying to figure out what it's worth. Also is the Hour Meter the actual hours on these models or is there a Multiplication Factor? I think between the 2 I can make one good tractor .

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Without seeing it, it's hard to put a value on it.
It could be 2k to 5k depending on condition and operation.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Yes, likely you can make one good tractor between the two. But fixing 4WD is probably quite hard, that'll likely mean splitting the tractor somehow. Depending on what's wrong with it I guess, if it's the front diff you need to swap then not so bad. But if it's internals of the HST that's quite a big job. If you were already keen on fixing the old 8200, then you presumably like doing some wrenching, so probably a good idea. Certainly the new one sounds to be in better condition. Tyres, seat, 3ph arms all actually add up to quite a bit of spend - there's more than $1K in replacing all them, perhaps $2K. Dodgy wiring and radiator even more so.

If it weren't for the 4WD it'd be an easy decision - moving FEL and attachments across is easy. Do you have any idea what's broken about the 4WD?

B8200 Owner

Apr 4, 2020
Kenosha, WI
Yes, likely you can make one good tractor between the two. But fixing 4WD is probably quite hard, that'll likely mean splitting the tractor somehow. Depending on what's wrong with it I guess, if it's the front diff you need to swap then not so bad. But if it's internals of the HST that's quite a big job. If you were already keen on fixing the old 8200, then you presumably like doing some wrenching, so probably a good idea. Certainly the new one sounds to be in better condition. Tyres, seat, 3ph arms all actually add up to quite a bit of spend - there's more than $1K in replacing all them, perhaps $2K. Dodgy wiring and radiator even more so.

If it weren't for the 4WD it'd be an easy decision - moving FEL and attachments across is easy. Do you have any idea what's broken about the 4WD?
Thanks for the your input. I'll know more about the other tractor tomorrow. Depending what's wrong with the 4x4 will steer me into which tractor I fix.