B8200 hydraulics

sshev

Sep 10, 2010
Storm Lake Iowa
I've got a B8200 2wd gear transmission. 3 point is very jerky raising. I do not have the operators manual for this machine, so I'm at a disadvantage. The transmission dipstick shows that the fluid is at the proper level. There are two fill caps on the top of the transmission. one is a smaller black plastic cap on the side opposite the dipstick. The other is larger, red plastic and under the seat. Questions: Where is the hydraulic filter located? Are there other filter screens that I should check. I thought the transmission and hydraulic fluid was together..if so, why are there two filler holes?
thanks in advance

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
You could check the selector valve on the hydraulic block. The selector valve is the nut with the roll pins in it in front of the two steel lines.You can also check the trani vent which is behind the seat on top of the rear axle. It may look like a steel hook sticking up. Make sure it is not plugged:D Dusty

Attachments

sshev

Sep 10, 2010
Storm Lake Iowa
as is too often the case, what I thought would be a short morning project has turned into a nightmare. I went to remove the bolt holding the return hydraulic tube on in order to get to the filter...well somewhere in this machines past, someone had turned the nice hex-head bolt into a mangled circle...and its on TIGHT. I've tried pipe wrenches and the biggest vice grips I can find...but nothing holds. Welding a nut on the top of the bolt would likely work but I'm worried about applying that much heat even for a short time. With the fluid drained...would it be safe to tack weld a nut on?

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I would get a new filter from Kubota. They're not that much money and that hex cap comes with it. Once you get your new filter you can look at ways of removing the old one. A hole drilled somewhere for leverage?

sshev

Sep 10, 2010
Storm Lake Iowa
sometimes it helps to just go away and come back with a better outlook on life...I did that and was able to force the next size smaller socket on the badly disfigured head tight enough to hold. It held well enough that it came out with the help of an impact wrench. once out I used an angle grinder to round the head so I could fit a large nut on it and welded that on. Thats the good news. the bad news is after all that, cleaning the filter, and replacing the hydraulic fluid, the 3 point is still pretty jerky...marginally better but far from smooth.

Last edited: