B7800

td4man

Equipment
B7500
Jul 6, 2012
Magnolia,Texas
Have a oppurtunity to buy a 2006 B7800, this will be my first tractor, the asking price for the B7800 with factory FEL and a box blade is $10K it has a little over 1000 hours and has a few scratches but no leaks and everything works great, would gladly be very thankful for any comments that would help me make the decision to buy or not to buy. I plan to use to do landscaping and a garden plus some drainage ditch grading on my two acres where my home is located, also to make food plots and clear trails on the deer lease.
I also need to know the best size bush hog(shredder) to use on this B7800 with 22 hp pto??? and while we're talking bush hogging , just what is and hoow does a stump jumper work? and what is meant by the term axe style blades?????

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The B7800 is a great little tractor and I believe shall do everything you want it to do. I'd suggest no bigger then a 5 foot bush hog behind it. A stump jumper on the bush hog is a round plate under the blades that lifts and pushes the bush hog up and keeps the blades from striking a stump or any large object. Preventing from breaking the blades all to pieces and ruining your day.

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
I've got a B-7800, probably the same year, and I can't say enough good things about it. It's done everything I've asked of it, and more! Sometimes I think I'd like a bit more weight and power, but then I ask myself if the B-7800 has ever been lacking for my uses in any way, and my answer is NO. It's the perfect machine for me..

And, I run a 60 inch bush hog with no problems..

bcallaha

Equipment
B7800 w/Loader
Apr 1, 2010
Chandler, Indiana
I have a 2005 B7800 for about 2 years now, and have been very happy with it. $10,000 is about the right price for around here.

If there is a downside to the B7800, it would be with the 1/4" adjustment to the 3pt hitch. A little aggravating to use with ground engaging equipment like a plow, or a blade, but with a little patience and working with it, you can get by. It doesn't appear that's your main purpose for the tractor, so you should be just fine.

Brad

whistlepig

Equipment
Kubota B7800 tractor
Jul 27, 2012
Preble County, Ohio
I paid $12,500 for my new 2006 B7800. If I remember correctly the loader was an additional $3,400. I use a 5 foot rotary cutter with it to mow 15 acres. I'm not sure what an axe blade is.