B7800 stalls

Allvideo69

Equipment
B7800
Apr 23, 2023
Maryland
My B7800 idles fine. When going forward or reverse it Stalls. Even at 2500 rpm. Fuel filter new. No change.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Does it have any kind of safety switches? Particularly one that has to do with knowing that someone or something is pressing the seat down?

It sounds like it is shutting down due to that type of safety control.

Allvideo69

Equipment
B7800
Apr 23, 2023
Maryland
I'll have to look at that. It does have safety switches. But both my Wife and I get the same "action" and we are two totally different body styles. Thank you.

Edke6bnl

Equipment
B7800 Kubota, case 1840 Skidsteer Ford 3500
Mar 31, 2022
Agua Dulce, California
I would look into the two switches under the seat. If I get off my b7800 it stays running, if I then touch the forword/reverse pedle while off, it will kill the motor.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Check and make sure that the brakes are releasing all the way.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
'stall' 2 possible ways
1) engine shutoff due to 'electrical'
2) engine shutoff due to 'mechanical load'

#1 is usually a 'safety switch' , either seat or implement( PTO ) ?? Hopefully you have the wiring diagram ! Some have several safety switches you'll need to locate and confirm/deny they work.
#2 can be that the parking brake on or stuck. Maybe the PB pedal is 'released' BUT physically still 'locked'.

if you slowly try to go forward does it 'want' to move,then stall ?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My B7800 idles fine. When going forward or reverse it Stalls. Even at 2500 rpm. Fuel filter new. No change.
I have attached the Supplement to the B7800 HST WSM which has all the electrical info you will need to find the problem.
Start on page 2-M3 and not the wiring as the OPC system is where you need to focus
Dave

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Allvideo69

Equipment
B7800
Apr 23, 2023
Maryland
'stall' 2 possible ways
1) engine shutoff due to 'electrical'
2) engine shutoff due to 'mechanical load'

#1 is usually a 'safety switch' , either seat or implement( PTO ) ?? Hopefully you have the wiring diagram ! Some have several safety switches you'll need to locate and confirm/deny they work.
#2 can be that the parking brake on or stuck. Maybe the PB pedal is 'released' BUT physically still 'locked'.

if you slowly try to go forward does it 'want' to move,then stall ?
It moves forward forward, then attempts to stall. If you let off the "gas" pedal, it almost backfires. Then runs.

Sequence is, press gas pedal, it moves forward, starts to stall/shut down, you let off Gas engine resumes rpm and you repeat. Run almost stall...run almost stall...run almost stall.... Hard to explain.. May take and post a short video today for clarity. Thanks for you assistance.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
It moves forward forward, then attempts to stall. If you let off the "gas" pedal, it almost backfires. Then runs.

Sequence is, press gas pedal, it moves forward, starts to stall/shut down, you let off Gas engine resumes rpm and you repeat. Run almost stall...run almost stall...run almost stall.... Hard to explain.. May take and post a short video today for clarity. Thanks for you assistance.
There is no “Gas Pedal” on Kubota tractors. You throttle or engine speed is set by the lever on the right side of the steering wheel on the dash called the throttle lever. Your foot pedal that you are referring to as gas pedal is actually the Hydrostat Speed control pedal. It controls how much speed your hydrostatic transmission puts out either forward or reverse. The more you push it in either direction the faster it goes. The pedal Does NOT control the engine speed. That is only controlled by the throttle lever on the dash. If you have your throttle lever set at an idle and push the foot pedal down hard, then your engine is going to run out of power and want to almost stall.

Reactions: 1 user