B7610 Hydraulic Leak

Bores23

Equipment
B7610
Aug 16, 2019
Stratford, WI
I am looking to see if anyone can give me the Kubota or equal part # for the seal / plug circled in the attached picture. This is looking toward the front of the tractor just above the PTO shaft. It has been leaking hydraulic fluid due to dry cracking so I am looking to replace it. If anyone can give me tips on replacing this I would greatly appreciate it as I will admit I am not a mechanic but I prefer to trying to fix things myself. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

jjgag60

Apr 17, 2019
washington, state
I just asked the same question under a B2400 with the same leak. My part number for the plug is 6A100-12180, you might follow my thread and I will do the same of yours. I was told it is not that big of a deal just tricky getting the new one in place. I hope someone helps us out, I am losing about about a 1/4 cup after each use overnight. I was told to drain the oil from the drain plug located below the shaft and then raise the tractor up to keep oil from continuing to drain towards the rubber plug when doing the repair. I hope we find someone who has actually done one it seems it is pretty common if both of us are having problems.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That would be above the propeller shaft not the PTO shaft. ;)

That's not the HST, that's the Clutch housing. simple but hard to get to, drain fluid out of that case and out of the rear diff.
Save it to put it back in.

Pop the seal out and replace with the new one.
There is a loctite for metal seals, use it.

And yes it's seal P/N 6A100-12180

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Anaerobic sealant, or Ultra Black RTV sealant would work great, I looked up the proper loctite and it's stupid expensive. ;)