Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
adjusting hydraulics
Spyder,

Welcome to the forum,

Can you go into more detail as TO WHAT you are wanting to do?

Why do you want to adjust the hydraulics?

Spydersman99

Equipment
B7510
Jun 8, 2023
Indiana
Spyder,

Welcome to the forum,

Can you go into more detail as TO WHAT you are wanting to do?

Why do you want to adjust the hydraulics?
My loader is weak, bucket curl is terrible . Going to put a gauge on circuit but need to know what relief pressure should be and where to adjust pressures . Thanks in advance

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
My loader is weak, bucket curl is terrible . Going to put a gauge on circuit but need to know what relief pressure should be and where to adjust pressures . Thanks in advance

Did this all of a sudden start to be weak?

Has fluid been changed? Filters replaced?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Does your 3pt work OK or is it slow/weak as well?

Pressure testing is a useful tool but you need to know more than relief pressure and where to adjust it if you want to reliably diagnose your problem.

Dan

Spydersman99

Equipment
B7510
Jun 8, 2023
Indiana

Pressure testing is a useful tool but you need to know more than relief pressure and where to adjust it if you want to reliably diagnose your problem.

Dan
I’m a CAT Tech and loader has been weak , pressure is at 1700 and I’m pretty sure it,s suppose to be 2000 psi . I’m just trying to find specs and I’m getting a run around . Need to know where relief is located , if you don’t know don’t answer . I do know that an extra 300 psi can mean a lot of force on a cylinder . I specialize in Caterpillar and Komatsu hydraulics. Again I’m looking for specifications.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’m a CAT Tech and loader has been weak , pressure is at 1700 and I’m pretty sure it,s suppose to be 2000 psi . I’m just trying to find specs and I’m getting a run around . Need to know where relief is located , if you don’t know don’t answer . I do know that an extra 300 psi can mean a lot of force on a cylinder . I specialize in Caterpillar and Komatsu hydraulics. Again I’m looking for specifications.
The tractor has multiple reliefs. One of the reliefs is an inlet relief in the loader valve. As a hydraulics tech you should know that just by looking at the valve. Are you testing before or after that relief?

Oh wait - you dont want a dialog. it appears you think I have nothing to offer in the way of assistsnce or knowledge so I will just wish you good luck. Pick up a copy of the workshop manual for both tractor and loader. It will tell you all you need to know and you wont have to engage with anyone.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Spydersman99

Equipment
B7510
Jun 8, 2023
Indiana

Dan
The tractor has multiple reliefs. One of the reliefs is an inlet relief in the loader valve. As a hydraulics tech you should know that just by looking at the valve. Are you testing before or after that relief?

Oh wait - you dont want a dialog. it appears you think I have nothing to offer in the way of assistsnce or knowledge so I will just wish you good luck. Pick up a copy of the workshop manual for both tractor and loader. It will tell you all you need to know and you wont have to engage with anyone.

Dan
I’m testing before the loader valve also I was told the valve in the loader is a power beyond valve . All I’m asking is what the relief pressure spec is !!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I’m testing before the loader valve also I was told the valve in the loader is a power beyond valve . All I’m asking is what the relief pressure spec is !!
I know what you want - short and best answer I can give you is 1950 to 1990 PSI is system operating pressure on the B7510. You will find that and a lot more in the workshop manual which you can down load for free.

What you seem to be missing is a full understanding of the circuit you are testing. The front hydraulic outlet block that supplies the loader on the B7510 does not contain a relief valve. It is a direct connection to the outlet port on the pump. When a loader is installed the inlet relief on the loader valve acts as the main system relief.

So now that I have jerked you around asking questions and giving you information you did not ask for - what are you actually measuring with your test point located "ahead of" the loader inlet relief? Is it unrelieved pump output pressure, the downstream loader inlet relief unloading pressure, or somrthing else? Since you have not shared the details of your test connection I know I dont know the answer - do you?

Dan

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
If you are actually a technician for Caterpillar and Komatsu like you say you are, then you should know that all you need to do is get the service or workshop manual for your tractor to get the answers you need. Google will give you most of what you are looking for. You must not be trying very hard and sounds like you don’t really know anything about hydraulics because just looking at the components you should be able to tell how they are plumbed as far as power beyond and so on.