B7500 Tire Diameters

winger09

Equipment
B7500,loader, belly mower, blade
Sep 9, 2015
Montfort, WI
Hello Everyone,
I just picked up a B7500 that needs front tires. Right now it has Goodyear Tera 31*15.5-15 on the rear and Firestone Turf and Feild 21*8.00-10 on the front.

Since I do not have a operators manual yet, the first question is, are the tire diameters properly matched front to back? Or did someone put together a combination that is not correct for 4x4? If it has a 31" diameter rear is the front supposed to be 21"?

I spoke to a local dealer and he was trying to sell me a set of fronts 23*8.50-12 titan industrial treads. Of course these had new rims as well. He told me I could have them for $360.00. I asked him about turf tires and he told me I could run the 21" diameter turfs but he did not have any.

At this point I am quite confused. From what the dealer said I can run a front tire that is either 21" or 23" and not have a problem pairing them to my 31" rears. I would think the difference of 2" in diameter would have a major impact on the stress on the drive train in 4x4.

Would someone give me the rear diameter to front diameter combinations I can use please?

If I can use the turfs in the size I have on now, What are the better ones I can find available shipped to Wisconsin?

Thank you:confused:
Jeff

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Winger,
no you can't run those 23's up front in place of the 21's!!!!!
That said, you can't unless it had a smaller tire on the rear say 29 inch
instead of 31 inches making the original 21's the wrong size.

The 21x800-10 Firestone Turf & Field has a rolling circumference of
61 inches and that's what the replacement tires for them have to be
withing 2% of that size. Not 2 inches but 2%! Firestone quit making
that tire again and I'm in the tire business and haven't found a turf tire
yet to supply to my customers but do at least have an option that works.

A Carlisle brand 20.5x8-10 USA trailer tire in a load range C run at 35psi
air pressure is within a quarter of an inch in rolling circumference well
within the 2% tolerance nearly perfect. Of course that tire won't have any
traction but you could always have the tires cross cut with a hot grooving
iron at a tire dealer that does it for customers. Nothing else I've personally
tried has come within the 2% tolerance and hopefully someone else on
the board has come up with a suitable size in something I haven't tried
that will work. Vic one of the moderators has them in Canada and might
be able to ship them to you. I have no idea the brand or model he has so
you could shop locally but you can always contact him and figure out the
best way to go. If you were lucky and found a dealer that has a pair of the
Turf & Fields left in stock I will tell you that they are VERY pricey ridiculous
in my opinion but it is what it is and that means you'd be able to pay a lot
of shipping costs for something else more reasonable and probably end up
paying less.
Just make sure whatever you buy is within 2% of 61 inches of rolling circumference.
Al

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
I just picked up a B7500 that needs front tires. Right now it has Goodyear Tera 31*15.5-15 on the rear and Firestone Turf and Feild 21*8.00-10 on the front.

Since I do not have a operators manual yet, the first question is, are the tire diameters properly matched front to back? Or did someone put together a combination that is not correct for 4x4? If it has a 31" diameter rear is the front supposed to be 21"?
Jeff
winger09 - My 2003 B7500 came with 23x8.50-12 turfs on front and 33x12.50-15 turfs on the rear. My Operator's Manual also shows a 21x8.00-10 turf for the front. Your 31x15.5-15 rear is listed as "Bar" not "Turf". The manual does not indicate which fronts should be matched with which rears. There is no bar front listed. There are also listed tires for farm and industrial, and B7500DTN and B7400. Sorry I can't be of more help. BTW, my fronts are original with 1,846 hrs, and are bald. They still hold air and give me enough traction for what I do, but the day is coming when they need to be replaced. I will be watching this thread for future reference. Best wishes,