B7300 Hazard Lights not Working

Shake7

Equipment
B7300
May 16, 2014
Ellijay, GA USA
My B7300 hazard lights do not work. I have never seen them working since I bought it several months ago. I do not have an ohm meter so I visually traced the wiring back to the switch and haven't noticed any defects. I took the switch apart and cleaned all the points. Is there a fuse somewhere that I'm missing or is it something else? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Shake7

Equipment
B7300
May 16, 2014
Ellijay, GA USA
Thanks for your help! I'm not sure where the flasher is? Do you know? I can't hear a clicking sound either.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
All you need is a good test light. From back of switch, can check power in and out, then move onto flasher and down the line. Didnt mention replacing bulbs, start there and check grounds.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
Forgot to mention, flasher is usually 1" round,1-1/2" long with two terminals on it. It wont cycle unless there is a load on it. Like two bulbs.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is the location and the look of the Flasher unit (marked in yellow) it's a rectangle unit behind the voltage regulator. ;)

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
I stand corrected. By Wolfman.again.
A person would think it would be a generic thermal flasher.no. I dont have the luxury of accessing service manuals most times. Thats why ott has people like wolfman.to correct us wayward ones.

kubotasan

Aug 12, 2011
Iowa, US
Mine were never working on my 7100...Traced all of the wiring, no problems. Put in 2 new bulbs, still didn't work. It was the flasher.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes most of the Kubota's have electronic flashers, that way they don't have to have 2 different flashers for the turn and hazard flashers.

Tooljunkie,
Yea I tend to dig into the blue prints pretty heavy, It's never a knock on anyone that gives the best info they can off the information or knowledge that they have on hand.

Shake7

Equipment
B7300
May 16, 2014
Ellijay, GA USA
Thanks everyone! I've located the flasher and I'm pretty sure it needs replaced. Does anyone know the best place to order Kubota Parts?
This simple project has turned into a big deal. I ended up taking the hood and tank off to get to the wiring and found some other minor problems. While I have it apart I'm going to repaint and decale the orange and gray paint. I will also buy new tires when I can.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
Generally i troubleshoot without wiring diagrams, as the primary curcuits are all the same on everything-power and grounds. Theory remains the same across the board. I use a variety of circuit testing equipment and its all hands on.
So test light is the first tool to go for, testing for power and ground. Every fault needs a systematic approach, from testing bulbs to switches and flashers.

Glad to see you found the problem.