B7200 Hydraulic Loader Cylinder repair

avpowerstn

Equipment
B7200, FORD 545A (cream puff)
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Ok I have a seal kit for a B7200 HST-D loader (B1630),I have torn down the Lift Cylinder, but I am not sure , what goes where.My main question is "on the piston #1 there is a carbon ? ring, do I replace it with the yellow ring #2 (rigid) or the two piston rings #3. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim

Attachments

cmustang

Equipment
B7100hst 50" tiller Dodge 2500 diesel 700 Grizzly 79 K5 blazer 40" Boggers
Jun 9, 2012
Mayerthorpe, Alberta, Canada
When I replace things like that i take them appart in order they come apart then match them to the new parts.

Last edited:

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
When I replace things like that i take them appart in order they come apart then match them to the new parts.
I have not taken it apart yet, that is the gland (I think) and the piston.
all the old seals are still on, or inside the parts. The seals shown, are parts in the new seal kit. The yellow seal, or gasket, or ring, on the piston is what has me baffled.

#2 in the picture, seems to be the replacement for the
part on the piston (#1). The OD & ID seem the same, but it will not slide over the piston (too small)

But part #3 is a set of piston rings (2)

Thank You for the input

Jim

MagKarl

Equipment
L245DT
Aug 2, 2010
Olympia, WA
I feel your pain and frustration. I had to swap out my dipper stick cylinder seals on my backhoe on my job site. It was winter and I had limited tools. Some of those parts were not exact matches for color either. Best I can offer is to study the parts carefully and think about their function. Replace with matching shape, size, and stiffness. I suspect parts are tweaked over time when it is discovered that another material might give better performance or lower cost to Kubota. It is remarkable that some of these parts can be assembled when they appear to be much too rigid and feel like they are going to break just getting them on. If I had been at home I would have tried warming some of them in hot water to see if that softened them up.

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Yes it was about $80.00 plus shipping for the seal kit. I would take a chance, if the kit was a little lower priced. Like you said, I am going to study the seals and see if I can figure it out. I am also running an add (adds) on Craigslist, I might get some help there. Thank You both for your input, it is
greatly appreciated.

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Well Craigslist panned out. I ran an add in the wanted section, and within
an hour, a gentleman called me, and said he was currently not working, and that he was employed, in the hydraulic repair industry, for the past 4 years.
He did the repairs, and let me video tape the repair work (the yellow ring was a piston ring, with an O-ring underneath it !!) he gave me all kinds of advice, and tips while performing the repairs. I would like to Thank everyone for their input.:)

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Have you got somewhere to post the video like photobucket so others going through that could be directed to it for review. I don't know that it would be proper to upload to youtube because of privacy issues unless the gentleman gave you permission. might be a good resource for OTT users.

avpowerstn

Equipment
Jul 15, 2012
Lancaster,CA
Have you got somewhere to post the video like photobucket so others going through that could be directed to it for review. I don't know that it would be proper to upload to youtube because of privacy issues unless the gentleman gave you permission. might be a good resource for OTT users.
He said I could post the video, but I do have a few pictures as notes.
Maybe these will work

opps 5 max is the upload limit, this will be in parts, Part1

Attachments

4rider

Equipment
B7100DT with FEL
May 27, 2012
Mason,NH
avpowerstn,

THANK YOU for putting together and posting this B1630 loader cylinder rebuild procedure!
Love the pictures and comments on them! I would rather see then read printed instructions.

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Avpowerstn, thanks for taking the time to put all this info together. I am sure you have or will help countless people with your post! Thanks, Chad