B7200 Hub Bolt Torque

LowInOhio

Equipment
B2301
Aug 6, 2014
Nashport, OH
www.nashportohio.com
I know I saw this once before, but I've been searching for the last hour and can't find it. Lots of posts on loose hubs, but nothing about the bolt torque. My hubs seem to be OK, and no visible wear as I've seen in some of the posts. I just want to torque to specs. I've looked through the operator's manual, but that's about the only torque spec they've seemed to omit. I "think" I saw 75ft lbs somewhere.

Anyone know for sure? Or where to find this?

thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I know I saw this once before, but I've been searching for the last hour and can't find it. Lots of posts on loose hubs, but nothing about the bolt torque. My hubs seem to be OK, and no visible wear as I've seen in some of the posts. I just want to torque to specs. I've looked through the operator's manual, but that's about the only torque spec they've seemed to omit. I "think" I saw 75ft lbs somewhere.

Anyone know for sure? Or where to find this?

thanks
I would think that 55-75ft lbs would be a plenty, most of the time TOO much torque is applied, I would tighten them, check after a couple of hours, and then recheck again to see if anything needs a little snugging! :D

LowInOhio

Equipment
B2301
Aug 6, 2014
Nashport, OH
www.nashportohio.com
I did see that post in my searching, but wrote it off as wheel bolts, and not hub bolt. I would think specs for a bolt, regardless of application would probably be close, as long as female threads are ample for length of bolt. I'm 14 miles from one Kubota dealer, and 10 miles from another. Maybe the best thing to do is go ask. Usually is last option for me (and directions).
I'm saving off that bolt chart though. Looks like it could come in handy.
thanks

LowInOhio

Equipment
B2301
Aug 6, 2014
Nashport, OH
www.nashportohio.com
The hub in this drawing looks like the newer style hub. Not sure when they quit using the old style.
I did stop at my Kubota dealer down the road and the parts guy found the spec in their shop manual. I was told that it's 72.3ft lbs. Why not 72 or 73? Who knows!!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thats pretty specific:D. A lot of times they will give you wet and dry torque specs. For example ford states 150 ft/lbs wet, 165 ft/lbs dry for the lug nuts on there duallys.

LowInOhio

Equipment
B2301
Aug 6, 2014
Nashport, OH
www.nashportohio.com
You had to throw that piece of information out there, didn't you!!! It did remind me that I wanted to put a dab of anti-seize on the bolt, which I didn't. I didn't have any problems getting it out originally, but a little of the silver stuff doesn't hurt. I think I'll live on the edge and put 72ft lbs on it wet!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
You had to throw that piece of information out there, didn't you!!! It did remind me that I wanted to put a dab of anti-seize on the bolt, which I didn't. I didn't have any problems getting it out originally, but a little of the silver stuff doesn't hurt. I think I'll live on the edge and put 72ft lbs on it wet!
So if you spit on it......it that considered wet???? ok - just being stupid !!!:eek::eek:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
So if you spit on it......it that considered wet???? ok - just being stupid !!!:eek::eek:
Yup, pee on it, spit on it :D it's all good :D actually spray lubricant, anti sieze, assembly lube, loctite. Really depends on what it is. I usually use some pb blaster or wd 40 on lug nuts, since half the time they come in all covered in crud. Valve covers, i'll just spin the bolts back in and torque back down to specs. It's best to go by the manual. I used to rebuild vane driven pumps. The vanes work like screws on the big ships. The bolts had to have red loctite. Torqued them to 150 ft/lbs to seat everything together. Back it off some then retorque to 80 ft/lbs